The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old March 10, 2013, 02:16 PM   #1
Perleyu

H&R top break

Hello all. I'm new to this forum but not new to hunting or firearms. 69 + years here. Subject is a Harrington & Richardson top break 38 S&W Ctge pistol. This belonged to my Grandfather who had a store through the 1940s. It is a 5 shot model with ejector, top break as noted, black plastic (?) grips and is blued. The number on the underside of the grip is 363 + 2 2. It appears as I listed it. The Plus sign may be a star or something else, but it looks like a + to me.
If anyone could tell me the age of this revolver I would be grateful. Thanks.
Old March 10, 2013, 03:42 PM   #2
richardcorey

Perleyu - I'm no help on your H&R, but if you can post a few pics I'm sure that someone in the Forum will know what you have and help you out.
And let me be the first to welcome you to TFL, I'm still newbie on TFL even though I lurked around for over a year before I signed up. Close to you in years ( 66 and counting) and I know what I like and don't like in firearms, but every time I visit TFL I end up with some new thoughts and lots of new information on every topic that can be kicked around in the shooting world.
Visit the Forums often and enjoy the company, TFL is a great place to be. Nuff said.
LISTEN!!!
Old March 13, 2013, 08:33 AM   #3
alnesq

You can still get repairs and replace parts through H & R. The phone number is 1-866-776-9292. You can also go to the Numerich Arms website www.gunpartscorp.com to order parts. Or you can send email to e-gunparts.com. Good luck.