The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old October 13, 2006, 07:08 PM   #1
Eghad

Gander Mountain

In Beaumont, TX is getting to be worse that Walmart when it comes to customer service. They had an item in thier sales paper. They had one on the shelf. The top end was open so I checked it and it was missing some parts. The guy from the gun dept came over and said we dont have anymore. He was too lazy to take the defective merchandise back with him to keep it off the shelf. Oh well I took my business down the street to the local Academy they had what I needed and were well stocked. I have purchased two pistols that were nicely prices. The local gun dealer has been competitive with them so I am going back to him for better service.

NRA Life Member
Old October 23, 2006, 06:44 PM   #2
DanV1317

Gander mountain prices suck. They mark them up like 25-30 percent here in PA. They claim they have the lowest prices and will tell a customer that straight to their face. If you leave the store and drive 3 miles you can save yourself 80 dollars on a NIB glock.

I've tried calling customer support to tell them how they are ripping people off but they just beat around the bush.
Old October 23, 2006, 08:05 PM   #3
BoneDigger

Yep

I like Gander Mountain, but not the one in Beaumont. I went in there the other day and the guy behind the counter didn't know ANYTHING about guns. I like the one in Tyler.

Todd
Old October 26, 2006, 03:11 PM   #4
rnikko

The stores here in their home state aren't much better. They have been so busy building their "super stores" that their smaller stores are terrible. Asiles are usually cluttered with unstocked merch. and they never seem to have anything you could actually want or need!