The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old February 15, 2011, 07:47 PM   #51
mbopp

Two - a RCBS Rockchucker for rifle and Lyman turret for handgun.
Old February 16, 2011, 12:54 AM   #52
Clark

8 presses right now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8 presses 2-14-2011.jpg (55.5 KB, 208 views)
Old March 20, 2011, 03:28 AM   #53
Ronno

I have 6, mec 600 Jr, mec 9000GN, Dillon RL550B w/Case Feeder, LEE classic Turret, RCBS Pro 2000 then there is a Hornady Power Case prep station and then the Hornady LnL AP with Case Feeder

I have a Forster Co-Axis on the way... man I need a bigger room!

Photos are on this thread:
http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=445119
Old March 20, 2011, 03:49 PM   #54
zfk55

4. Two Rockchuckers, a 550B and a SL900. There's also a Dillon crimp remover, a Wilson Trimmer, a Wilson Meplat trimmer, a Wilson Pointer and an electric RCBS trimmer.
AndabunchofotehrstuffIcan'tremember.

Latigo

An'' ole' Brer' Rabbit, he set in de bushes, he watch an' he wait, lay low an' he don' say nuffin'
Old March 20, 2011, 04:27 PM   #55
oneoldsap

Location: I live in the foot of the Green Mountains of Vermont
Three , on an 8 ft. bench .
Old March 20, 2011, 07:45 PM   #56
flashhole

Four presses on 8 square feet of work surface and I have lots of room.

Are you ready for civil war?
Old March 20, 2011, 09:35 PM   #57
M.O.A.

thats a good looking bench flashhole
Old April 4, 2011, 09:35 PM   #58
E.J.W.

I went a bit different direction. Luckily I was given 1/4 of our basement to call my man cave. After walling off the given space from the rest of the basement, I built an "L" shaped bench (8ft x 6ft) in one corner and keep it divided with a Rock Chucker and an old RS-3 on the "metallic" end and one each of MEC's, 9000GN 12 ga and a Supersizer 20 ga on the "shotshell" end. For drawer space I bought two Craftsmen tool benches and planned my benchtop height just so it would rest on the Craftsmen tops. I then put up some used kitchen cabinets over each end which are used to store related items for each type of reloading. The angled corner cabinet holds the common items such as my scales, all powders and safety glasses.
Continuing off the short end of the "L" is a separate, small cleaning bench with a 4 gun rack where I put "dirty" guns prior to cleaning. This cleaning bench ends at my Ft. Knox safe. I have to work on some under cabinet lighting as the florescent overhead lighting casts a shadow of my big noggin' on the work space.
I'm happy when I'm in my space.
E.
Old April 4, 2011, 10:46 PM   #59
Marco Califo

I have a ancient, beat-up Lyman turret, a Lee progressive and a MEC progressive shotshell spaced evenly on one 6' bench.

I added a Redding single stage, but not on the bench. It is lag screwed into a 3' tall section of tree trunk standing next to the bench. That was working out well, so when I upgraded to a new Lyman turret, I screwed that into the tree trunk section, too. At least temporarily.

I firmly believe that leverage, strength, and stability do not come with particle board or even melamine work tops, even with bolts and plywood plates. The solid wood of a tree trunk does. I just need to level it a bit and give it some 2x4 feet. I have a 4' piece of 2x12', that may go on top.
Old April 5, 2011, 05:10 AM   #60
MADISON

How many presses on your bench?

Nine [9]
Old April 5, 2011, 08:48 AM   #61
bob402

I live in a small apartment so.....

I moved from a house to a small apartment. My reload bench is home made and is 3' by 3'. On the front end I have a Dillion 650, and on the back end I have an old P&W Metalmatic II swing-arm press (instead of a turrent, the top of the frame where the dies screw in is a solid platform and underneath is an arm with the shellholder. The arm swings in an arc so the case is aligned with each die station). On the left side I have an RCBS case trimmer and a Lyman tool is mounted for Deburring cases, cleaning and removing crimps from primer pockets. On the right side I have an RCBS Charge Master (a powder measure and scale combo).

This whole thing is very compact and and mounted on wheels so I can pull the bench out from the wall and turn the side I need to work with toward the center of the room.

Being in a small aprtment didn't stop me from reloading because my wife of 30 years completely understands and doesn't mind at all.

Life is good!

Last edited by bob402; April 5, 2011 at 08:59 AM.
Old April 6, 2011, 02:20 PM   #62
myfriendis410

I have two Mec Grabbers, a 9000, A Hornady 366, two Dillon Square Deal B's, a Rockchucker, and a Star Luber/Sizer along with all of the miscellaneous do-dads needed to run each one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg loading bench.jpg (237.8 KB, 18 views)