The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old April 11, 2009, 07:02 PM   #26
Sulaco2

Used to listen drive time in the past, can't get past his shouting now. Never heard him do the anti gun thing but I think he would do anything for ears. Read that his on air thing is a stchik. He is a big time donation type for lefty causes in CA....
Old April 11, 2009, 07:52 PM   #27
ElectricHellfire

I've listened a couple times. He seemed like a douche so I never listened again. Though to be perfectly honest, I gave up on "conservatism" over the course of the last few years and consider myself independent.
Old April 11, 2009, 07:59 PM   #28
MrNiceGuy

Quote:
Though to be perfectly honest, I gave up on "conservatism" over the course of the last few years and consider myself independent.
I consider myself a radical independent.... i'm so independent, i'm radical
Old April 11, 2009, 08:49 PM   #29
Chuck Dye

...they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

I find all talk radio to be shtick. I measure the quality of a show by my dwell time, how long it takes for the shtick to drive me away. A second measure is how long it takes for me to forget how bad a given show is and try it again. Savage (aka The Weiner, pronounced whiner) has, easily, the shortest dwell time and longest return delay of any right of center yapper I have heard.

As to the lefties of Pacifica Radio, Air America, et al, I must admit to the guilty pleasure of occasionally tuning in much as I once watched Lost In Space for the pleasure of despising Dr. Smith (wasn't Jonathan Harris grand?)

FWIIW, NPR's Talk of the Nation-Science Friday gets checked every week. Dwell time for an individual show depends on subjects and guests.
Old April 11, 2009, 09:03 PM   #30
DnPRK

Michael "Savage" Weiner is a liberal whose shtick is playing an evil conservative caricature on the radio. He takes delight at fooling those who believe he is conservative.
Old April 12, 2009, 12:27 AM   #31
JustDreadful

I've always thought Savage was a mountebank, that he found a shtick which made him rich and famous, which he certainly thinks is the way God meant him to be. He often seems to choose the most controversial position available, a kind of conservative radical chic. Acting, not to put too fine a point on it. I don't think we really know what his views are on anything. I think O'Reilly is similar, to a lesser degree; high degree of populism, but less outright deception.

Quote:
Michael "Savage" Weiner is a liberal whose shtick is playing an evil conservative caricature on the radio. He takes delight at fooling those who believe he is conservative.
Nah. Too conspiracy-ish. I think he's just selling auditory snake oil. Happy to Zumbo the living crap out of him. Can anybody name any of his sponsors?

Quote:
WildilikedennismillerAlaska
Dennis Miller is a good guy. I also like Michael Medved. And on that note...

Quote:
Boycott Ratso for this and everything else
Wha? Not sure that's the way you really want to go, there...

"Life being what it is, one dreams of revenge."
Old April 12, 2009, 12:37 AM   #32
Bud Helms

Drifted right away into la-la land didn't we?

Closed. Off topic.
Closed Thread

Tags
boycott , michael savage