The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old March 16, 2010, 04:27 PM   #1
CCGS

Armscor M200

Anyone have experience with this revolver? They are pretty cheap, and probably not +p rated, but for a 4" 38, they look like they might be a cheap 'truck gun'. I'm not interested in the 'this manufacture is better' discussions, just info from someone that has actually fired a box or two through one.

Thanks in advance.
Old March 16, 2010, 04:54 PM   #2
tekarra

Do a search, there was a thread on this a number of months ago. Both pros and cons were discussed with range reports.
Old March 16, 2010, 05:02 PM   #3
CCGS

I did search and I only came across 3 threads, none of which offered any insight into the function of the revolver. That was the reason for my comment about the 'this brand is better' as that is mostly what the other threads were.

I know it is cheap, I am more interested if it locks up tight, and rotates when it is supposed to.

Thanks!
Old March 16, 2010, 08:21 PM   #4
surfzombie

I was wondering the same thing. I have been looking at them as well. I use to have an EAA Windicator in .357mag and just shot .38spl in it and I thought it was a nice gun for the moneybut I know that it was not +p rated so I would tend to think the same on this gun but I am just guessing.
Old March 17, 2010, 08:42 PM   #5
Dfariswheel

When new the Armscor will lock up tight and rotate properly, OR you send it in to the importer for warranty repair.

The question is how long it will continue to do so when you start shooting it. As a truck gun for which you won't burst into tears if it's stolen, it will do.

When in good condition it will go "BANG" when the trigger is pulled, but that's about the best of it.
While these have an external appearance similar to Colt revolvers, they are NOT Colt designs, and contrary to internet stories, they are not built on old Colt equipment, nor are they even similar to a Colt Detective Special or Diamondback internally.

Bottom line, these are more or less a 2000's version of the 1960's RG revolvers, which were a Saturday Night Special-grade gun in which "RG" was said to stand for "Rotten Gun".
These Armscor guns will fire on demand but don't expect it to last very long if you shoot it much.
Old March 18, 2010, 01:00 AM   #6
fast-eddie

Armscore

I handled one the other day in my local GS, it had a light pull and an overall smooth action. It was used, but seemed to be in great shape. It also locked up pretty tight as well, I almost bought it, but I need a boat so no handguns guns lately.
Old March 18, 2010, 08:05 PM   #7
farmall

A friend of mine bought one of these new a few years ago, and I have shot a few hundred rounds through it, mostly wadcutters, and it sure isn't any too tight anymore. Not sure that it ever was either.

Can't hit anything with it, but then, I can't honestly say I have ever put it on paper either!

Guess I'd rather pony up some more $ for rough Mod 10 S&W, if I wanted it for a truck gun, and know it would last. YMMV.

Andy

Tags
.38 , armscor , m200