The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old February 19, 2001, 03:24 PM   #1
Cannon Cocker

What an experience it was too. received a very warm welocme to the club from the moment I drove up. One of the members actually paid for my first 25 targets and shells because it was my first day.

I didn't bring my own shotgun since I didn't count on shooting that day, but I was able to borrow a 1100 from the club. The gun was very dirty and a little worn out, but did great except with ejecting.

I shot 22/25 this first time out, which many people said was a great score. I missed my first target and was a little worried after that, but I seemed to settle down okay. I can't wait to see how I do with my own gun next weekend.
Old February 19, 2001, 05:33 PM   #2
PJR

CC

Wow, 22/25 on your first time out!

If you'd come to my trap club and done that we'd have thought you were a ringer for sure and immediately signed you up for the interclub shoots.

Congratulations and welcome.

Paul
Old February 19, 2001, 07:15 PM   #3
Bam Bam

Good shooting! first time out I blasted the pigeon to smithereens. But now I shoot about 15/25. I keep raising my head to watch the pigeon blow up. Very bad habit. Maybe I should take up shooting bowling pins...
Old February 19, 2001, 08:21 PM   #4
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

Enjoy, but it turns into an addiction where you starting murmuring things like,"Perazzi", and "100 straight"....

22/25 IS a great score, Mazeltov!!
Old February 20, 2001, 12:14 PM   #5
Poodleshooter

Good job! I still shoot that score after a year or so, so don't be too dissapointed if it doesn't improve right away. If you start getting cocky,try 5 stand. That humbled me right away!