The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old October 19, 2008, 09:24 PM   #1
mrawesome22

Winchester White Box 22-250Rem Rounds

Hey all. I bought a box of those 40 round 22-250Rem Winchester cheapies pretty much to get some fire formed brass ready for my new gun. I was expecting average accuracy with these, but these babies flat out shoot in my gun. My first group had three bullets touching at 100yds And this is with a GIANT jump to the rifling. Anyway, I go online to buy these bullets, and the only thing I find made by Winchester is a 46gr HP made for the Hornet. These are 45gr pills I'm seeking. Does anyone know who makes this bullet? And is it available as a component? I sure would love to find these things cause this new Remmy loves them.
Old October 20, 2008, 10:16 AM   #2
crowbeaner

Actually, the WW 46 grain HP is the same bullet loaded in the 220 Swift factory ammo. I shoot them in my .222 as a more controlled expansion HP than the Speer 52 grainers. I have good luck with the 45 grain Speer and Sierra spitzers myself. Just make sure you order the .224 diameter and not the .223 for the Hornet. RP makes a 45 grain pill that works well, but accuracy can be iffy at warp 3.8 in the 22-250. Use H380 and IMR 4320 and you'll be a happy shooter.