The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old December 11, 2001, 05:49 PM   #1
Dr.Rob
Staff Alumnus

Fun range day

So I took some friends to the range with a dozen or so of my favorite handguns..

Next thing I know hours had gone by and my friends were grinning ear to ear.

Notes from session: My pal Shari had a hard time racking the slide on most of my autos other than my Ruger 22, she also didn't fare well with either of my revolvers an sp101,or the 1917 colt. She REALLY liked shooting my 45acp Commander. Shari ran hundreds of rounds through my 22.

Her husband Jack was a natural at it.. liked everything he shot.. burned up most of my 9mm ammo.

My 1939 luger is LOUD, and with 115 gr ball it jammed a lot.. not sure if I need hotter ammo or a tighter grip.

BROKE THE RANGE .. well knocked down the the backstop plate (apparently they weren't set right) 3 times with 230 gr UMC hardball. hehe.. cool.

The big suprise??

My Mouse. Yes I finally fixed my 1908 Colt Vest pocket 25, with old remington kleenbore it was throwing grossly inaccurate fireballs that 'patterned 6 shots in a foot wide circle. Bought some fiocchi.. and suddenly.. NO muzzle flash.. and Fist sized groups at 7 yards.. and we ALL loved shooting it!

Who knew?

Look out fellow IDPA pals.. there is a new mouse in town! Where's that BUG stage???
Old December 12, 2001, 07:05 PM   #2
Jamie Young

BROKE THE RANGE .. well knocked down the the backstop plate (apparently they weren't

I wonder if you shoot at the same range I do? I swear somebody at the range I go to goes just to shoot the posts and the boards down. They just put up new posts about a month ago at 100yds and 1/4 of them are saw dust. I think its mostly guys with shotguns.