The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old May 11, 2009, 10:27 PM   #51
fatboy02

This is the reason I carry all the time and tend to stay away from areas I can not carry. This guy went to a friends party planning to have a good time.

This is why we carry all the time,
we carry to to be prepared,
we practice to be prepared,
we hope to never have to draw our weapons, but if we do we are prepared.
Old May 11, 2009, 10:56 PM   #52
txbirddog

Kudos to the GG.

Compliance UNTIL you think bodily injury (rape, murder etc.), then it changes to OPPORTUNITY to neutralize threat(s). If you do too much second guessing; will they hurt us or not, can and probably will, get you hurt.

Cash can be replaced, credit cards cancelled, but my loved ones, my life and innocents are worth more that any BG's!!
Old May 12, 2009, 08:05 AM   #53
Double Naught Spy

Quote:
They are to me
I understand. I too like hero stories. Unfortunately, the media doesn't feel such stories capture the attention of their audience nearly as much. The problem seems to be that hero stories tend to return a situation back to the norm. Mayhem stories take the situation away from the norm and that is what is attention grabbing.
Old May 12, 2009, 10:25 PM   #54
Beentown71

I wanted to :barf: while reading the comments on Digg and the blog from the local news coverage. I do not understand the "liberal" mind How do they come to there conclusions? Is there no basic logic in the general publics line of thinking?

Hmmpff!!!

Beentown
Old June 8, 2009, 03:41 PM   #55
enerum

Double Standard

I also love the whining on Digg about people "hijacking" the article to forward the "Pro-Gun" agenda, when the posts were essentially just praising the GG for a job well done... They seem to have no problems doing the same when it suits their purposes. The way they can twist even an inspiring story makes me want to :barf:

BTW: First post, been trolling for a while though...
Old June 8, 2009, 06:28 PM   #56
Tucker 1371

I normally don't say things like this becuse I normally don't mean them, especially about joe burglar, but in this case I do: I'm glad that little Lavant bastard is dead. In my book, planning to murder and rape a bunch of innocent people puts you in the same category as Hitler, Herman Goering, bin Laden and the like; those kind of people deserve nothing other than to be removed from the earth as quickly as possible as they are the bane of humanity's existence.

This story is especially startling to me because I live in Georgia and I am a college student and I go out to parties and small little get togethers with friends occasionally. To think that someone would want to or even think about doing something like this to people just having a good time makes my blood boil.
OEF 2011 Sangin, Afg. Molon Labe

Last edited by Tucker 1371; June 8, 2009 at 06:34 PM.
Old June 8, 2009, 07:06 PM   #57
sakeneko

I pretty much agree with the rest of you. If I'd been one of the women in that apartment, I'd have wanted the person with the gun to do exactly what this guy did. Don't escalate the situation as long as it was just a robbery. But once it became clear that they were going to shoot everybody, don't let the possibility of wounding me keep you from shooting them first.

If the bad guys hadn't been stopped, the wounded woman would probably have been dead.
Old June 8, 2009, 07:10 PM   #58
Jofaba

I'm sorry if I missed it but do we know the fate of the ccp shooter? Do we know the outcome? Is there any link to any web based statement from the girl shot? Or anyone involved, for that matter? I'm interested in how this worked out legally and how it worked out for those involved mentally.