The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old September 10, 2000, 09:14 AM   #1
fed168

Yesterday was the NC/SC Police and Fire Olympics. Our department went down to shoot, with pretty good results. We won the two and four man shotgun and rifle teams in the gold catagory, and won the two man rifle team in the gold and silver catagory (my first olympic shoot, and first medal, actually a plaque). Taking the top four spots in the rifle catagory were myself and three coworkers, I lost the shoot out for third to a friend of mine.
Pistol, well the bear eats you somedays. A relatively easy course, relatively easy to throw one and it does cost. So we won't get into that. It seemed that competition at that level is close, the difference between one and three are the number of x's and eights.
It was a great time nonetheless.
BTW, a while back I mentioned of a misfire with the Federal Match. New ammo came through, shot out of that lot, no problems. It worked on match day, the only one dropped was the one I was not ready to shoot yet, duh huh.