The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old December 3, 2006, 05:31 PM   #1
dvfd12

New and looking for advice

I am completely new to reloading and I have been looking through your forums. I am looking for some advice. Let me start by saying I have a limited budget. I'm planning on only reloading one caliber to start with.

I have about 1000 rounds of 40 s&w factory fired brass, and only plan on reloading around 500 rounds a month.

Now my question. I have been looking at the Lee anniversary kit. It appears to have just about everything I need to get started. Then after reading some of the posts hear I have found the reconditioned Lee Pro 1000 for $82. Which would you recomend for starting out? What does the anniversary kit come with that the pro 1000 does not that I need to get started?

Any advice will be appreciated. Thank you.
Old December 3, 2006, 06:12 PM   #2
Askfig

new to reloading

DVFD12:
Welcome to the wonderful world of reloading. There is plenty of great information here. I am going to suggest you read the following thread that was posted this AM by Johnny Guest. He gave a great summary that should answer your preliminary questions.

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...d.php?t=230171

Secondly, I suggest you search the reloading section for previous postings that have asked the exact same questions where there are some great answers that should meet your needs.

askfig