The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old October 8, 2000, 06:03 PM   #1
Shin-Tao

I've been engaging in political education at work. I have been asking co-workers simple political questions and then taking the oportunity to tell them the truth about various things they hear about in the National Media(Pravda).
I have a lot of them thinking. No one I've talked to is going to vote for Gore now.
One die-hard Gore supporter couldn't bring himself to vote for Bush, so he simply isn't voting. Partial victory there.
It is amazing how many people have really never heard the truth about Law and Politics.
They just watch the news and assume it is unbiased fact.
It also apears that a lot of damage is done to America's general political thought by our Neo-Marxist, pacifist, instructors in our halls of higher education.
I have convinced some coworkers to go to the range and see what guns are really like.
One went to range with me today.
I rented him a Ruger 22/45 and 250 rnds of ammunition.
I showed him propper grip and stance and had him dry-fire a few times while concentrating on sight alignment.
Then I let him fire off one single round at the target.
He hit the center and was very pleased.
I gave him a full mag and let him burn through it at a slow pace.
He did good and really liked it.
I took a moment to explin that the "deadly assault weapons" the Media/Government kept scaring him about fired much like the 22/45. You pull the trigger once, the gun fires once.
I let him fire another mag, then explained to him about police responce times and break-ins.
He had a great time shooting and handled himself well. He ended up loading magazines and swithcing targets, eager to continue the session.
I asked him at the end how much he liked shooting. Then I told him that if Gore won the election, he wouldn't have long to enjoy this hobby.
He will vote Republican this year, and wants to go to the range again soon.
Other coworkers are ready to go to the range the next time they have time off.
Much can be acomplished by letting someone shoot a .22 with patient instruction.
www.gunowners.org www.nraila.org www.citizensofamerica.org

Old October 9, 2000, 09:30 AM   #2
George Hill
Staff Alumnus

In my best Mr Burns voice, "Eeeexcellent."

250 rounds?

Uh - Shin - I think I need convincing too.
uh - make mine .45ACP.
Old October 9, 2000, 01:57 PM   #3
Gunslinger

Shin, thank you.