The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old September 19, 2007, 09:23 AM   #1
fatboyclone

ACOG mount for flattop AR

I put an ACOG on my flattop AR recently, and during my last visit to the range the Trijicon mount the scope came with started to loosen to the point the ACOG almost fell off. What is eveyone using to avoid this type of situation? I've seen the GG&G Accucam Quick Detach ACOG Mount, but wondered if I would experience the same results.
Old September 19, 2007, 10:29 AM   #2
IZinterrogator

If the scope is coming off of the mount, you need to apply Loc-tite to the screws that attach it to the mount. If the mount itself is the thing coming loose, I have been using the GG&G Accucam mount for 10 months here in Iraq. I haven't had any problems with it coming loose from the flattop. However, my scope did come loose from the Accucam mount during a period of rapid burst fire. Applying Loc-tite to the screws solved the problem.
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!” - Samuel Adams
Old September 19, 2007, 11:40 AM   #3
fatboyclone

thanks for the reply IZ. i should have been more clear in my initial post...it is the mount that is loosening from the receiver. are there other options for quick detatch mounts besides the GG&G?
Old September 19, 2007, 08:11 PM   #4
Semper Paratus

Larue Tactical===The Cadillac of detachable mounts. Talk to Grant at https://www.gandrtactical.com for great prices and great service
Old September 20, 2007, 01:57 PM   #5
jmorrell

I second the Larue Tactical: I replaced the Trjicon TA51 ACOG mount I had on my Bushmaster M4 with a Larue, and it doesn't come loose.