The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old November 15, 2010, 11:10 AM   #1
Ibon

compite with S&W686SSR

It is my first post in the forum,so hello everyone.I have bought recently this gun,i live in Spain,I usually compite in IPSC with CZ.Some day i would like to compite with this gun.Does Someone of you compite with this gun?What about the results?which speedloders and pouches for them?

Best Regards
Old November 15, 2010, 02:01 PM   #2
MrBorland

Welcome!

I compete with a standard (i.e. non-SSR) 686, mostly IDPA, some ICORE and USPSA (our version of IPSC). It's a fine gun for IDPA & ICORE, and I have done ok with it in USPSA as well. I'll likely switch to a moonclipped .45acp 625 at some point for USPSA, though.

The SSR looks like a fine gun. IIRC, it comes with an interchangeable sight, so if I were to buy one, I'd just exchange the factory front sight with a fiber optic, then go shoot some matches with it.

With my 686, I use a BladeTech holster. ReadyTac also makes a good kydex holster. For USPSA/IPSC, a CR speed holster seems a popular choice, too.

As far as speedloaders, I use JetLoaders, but Safariland CompIIIs are very popular too.

I use ReadyTac's speedloader holders, and are very popular. BladeTech holders are popular as well, and I've seen Safariland 333 holders in ICORE/USPSA matches.
Old November 16, 2010, 10:44 AM   #3
Ibon

Thank you very much for your information,it is going to help me a lot to choose my equipment.

Good luck in your competitions Mr Borland.