The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old December 4, 2006, 01:08 AM   #1
Limeyfellow

Sling recommendations for a Swiss M1911

I'm thinking of putting a sling to help with my offhand shooting on this little beauty.

The Swiss 1911 sling for the full length rifle was never designed to wrap around the arm and a K31 or K1911 won't fit it due to the different sling mounts obviously.

Now at 51 1/2 inches I find many slings are just too short for it so I am looking for recommendations for one with a loop to fasten around the arm and will look in place for it for a guy on a budget. I was thinking about getting a 1907 GI leather sling or one of the many replicas for it but I am not sure if that will handle the extra length of the rifle or not or the right size for someone if it did thats 6'2" and 200ibs. Any other options for a good sling out there for a good full length rifle?
Old December 6, 2006, 05:47 PM   #2
FirstFreedom

Wish I could help ya, but I'm at a loss on a recommendation - let us know what you settle on. [Note to self: Get a 1911 to match your K31.]