The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old December 8, 2012, 08:32 AM   #1
racin

Sig P229 Scorpian

Does anyone have this in 40? Is it worth the money? I had a P228 and sold it now im thinking of a Sig again and this model caught my eye
Old December 8, 2012, 07:26 PM   #2
thedudeabides

I have a P229 in 40/357SIG. I love it, but i got it as an LEO trade-in for less than 600 bucks.

There's nothing about a P229 that makes it worth more than 900 dollars new.
Old December 8, 2012, 09:40 PM   #3
scf4003

I bought a Sig P229 Scorpion in 40 cal last summer and have about 700 rounds through it at this point. It has become one of my favorite semi autos, it's now both my carry and bedside gun. The Hogue G-10 grips are slim and have a rough textured grip that feels really good to me, not anywhere near the size of the grips on my Sig P220 Carry Elite. The SRT trigger is smooth with absolutely no creep in single action and a quick reset allowing for fast follow up shots. I love mine.
Old December 8, 2012, 11:04 PM   #4
LockedBreech

The upper end Sigs are very nice in my opinion, and the Scorpion is a handsome pistol. For all the legitimate concerns about Cohen hurting Sig's quality control, they've either fixed the issues substantially or they were a small number to begin with, because I'm quite impressed but the current-production Sigs. If I had the money and wanted one, I wouldn't hesitate.
Old December 8, 2012, 11:31 PM   #5
mightyoakwildlife

Mine is in .40 S&W, and I've come to be quite fond of it. Although I really don't care for the exagerated "beavertail" on it, I no longer notice it much, unless I'm just looking at the darned thing (cleaning, locking it away in the safe, etc.).

If you have a few extra dollars and want the Scorpion (you KNOW you do!), buy it now. No regrets.
Old December 9, 2012, 03:17 PM   #6
racin

the posts are exactly like i thought, positive. now i start saving for another one i probally shouldnt have sold nthe only one i owned besides everyone should own a sig