The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old November 6, 2013, 09:44 PM   #26
Nick_C_S

Thanks Andy Jr. The good news is I'm stocked up on bullets. The ones I have coming in, I already have about 800 in stock - and another 200 loaded. I like Friendswood - they are excellent bullets. Well packaged and shipped too.

Moving forward, I'm going to stay ahead of my inventory - ordering at least 6 months in advance. This latest madness was quite an eye-opener. I will never find myself flat-footed again. Only by sheer coincidence, did I start stocking up before the shortages started. Otherwise, I really would have been in hot water. Right now, if I don't buy another bullet, I'm good to go well into 2015 from most applications/calibers.
Old November 7, 2013, 03:22 AM   #27
ljnowell

Again, stick with Missouri Bullets and you dont have problems like these
Old November 7, 2013, 06:24 AM   #28
Mike40-11

Quote:
Moving forward, I'm going to stay ahead of my inventory - ordering at least 6 months in advance.
I'm at 1 year minimum on all components these days. Once you build the buffer stock it doesn't cost any more to purchase at the same usage rate.

Every time I read one of these threads I think, I gotta get me a Magma machine or two.....
Old November 18, 2013, 08:54 PM   #29
Forrest68

So, over 3 weeks now since Richard said they were "shipping out tomorrow"(that was Oct 25th for those keeping score at home) still nothing. Multiple Emails , no responce. Multiple phone call attemps , as I understand it he doesn't respond to voicemails. I finally Emailed and said to Cancel my order to which I've recieced no responce to either. If you tell me its going to be another 3 weeks til they ship fine, but don't flat out lie to me. The bullets are great but I'm done, I will find another supplier. Theres no justification for that kind of customer service. Good luck guys , Hope you all fair much better than I have. This is the order that I placed AUGUST 29th, that I figured on 6 weeks even though website says 4 weeks. My CC was charged that night. This is going on Week 12.
Old November 18, 2013, 10:05 PM   #30
Nick_C_S

Quote:
So, over 3 weeks now since Richard said they were "shipping out tomorrow"(that was Oct 25th for those keeping score at home) still nothing. Multiple Emails , no response.
Forrest68 - ^^ Same here ^^

Mine was October 26th. I have a USPS tracking number, but it just says "electronic notification," and that's it. No change in over three weeks. I tried e-mailing - twice - no response.
Old November 19, 2013, 01:03 AM   #31
oldreloader

Everything I've got from Friendswood has be high quality.
Old November 19, 2013, 02:54 PM   #32
Forrest68

oldreloader, no question about the quality, but I've sent too many emails and waited too long what what he SAID to me over the phone. He got paid up front, and I'm sitting her holden an empty bag still 3 weeks. I will put up with a lot, but in the business world you can't treat your customers like this. I had issue with my 1st order with Richard too but he took care of it so I gave him a second shot cause I really liked his bullets. How long is reasonable, I have been more than patient. I am not bad mouthen his product at all, I just personally refuse to deal with this kind of service when there are other suppliers that wont treat me like this. I'm just passing on my experience, no more no less.
Old November 20, 2013, 12:17 AM   #33
Nick_C_S

Oregon Trail Laser Cast is starting to look real good right now.
Old November 22, 2013, 04:56 PM   #34
Peter M. Eick

I have bought Friendswood bullets from local stores here. They are a local company so I try to help out if I have a quick need. I have not seen much of them lately so I have not bought any in say the last year or so.

Lasercast are great bullets. I have shot many 10's of thousands but the prices finally got to me. They were very near the costs of Jacketed by they time they got to Texas.

MBC (Missouri Bullet Company) gets the bulk of my business today. I can do it online and have my order in a week or less.
Old November 22, 2013, 07:28 PM   #35
Gunnels

Rim Rock Bullets

Have you guys tried Rim Rock Bullets? Even during the height of the panic they always had plenty of inventory. I always received my shipment in about 5 days. No, I am not associated with this company.

http://www.rimrockbullets.net/catalog/
Old November 22, 2013, 08:05 PM   #36
Forrest68

Gunnels, thanks, I was looking at them myself , think I will be given them a try very soon if I ever get my refund.

Has anyone else tried calling Friendswood the phone message has totally changed. It is now 4 weeks since Richard called and said they woudl ship out the next day. Instead of Richard saying his usualy speil, its soem britsh female voice saying your party is unavailable and to leave a message. This does not bood well.
Old November 22, 2013, 11:01 PM   #37
Nick_C_S

Not responding to my e-mails either Forrest68.

Something is not right.
Old January 5, 2014, 03:57 AM   #38
glockwlk

What's the latest with friendswood bullets?

I also placed a order with them but mine was on sept 25th for 500 9mm 115 gr. (not a big order) I've called, emailed numerous times and I haven't gotten a response. I wonder if he went out of business? BTW money was taken out of my credit card that day of course. Listen I'm not trying to talk bad about his business but at least he could do is email me back. I'm not worried about the bullets I'm fine, I just want to know if i should just kiss that money goodbye or keep trying to contact him.