The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old November 29, 2011, 02:31 PM   #1
Hawg

Hunters bag

I got this in a trade with one of my forum members. It's a little smaller than my new bag but has easier access. It's made by Leatherman from very supple buffalo hide.

Old November 29, 2011, 02:54 PM   #2
Pahoo

Very nice !!!

Quote:
It's made by Leatherman from very supple buffalo hide.
Mighty handsome and they still make some of the best commercial Possibles Bags. This one looks like it is broken in very nicely and perhaps seen it's share of Rendezvous. Thank you for your post. ....

Be Safe !!!
Old November 29, 2011, 04:24 PM   #3
Hawg

Quote:
This one looks like it is broken in very nicely and perhaps seen it's share of Rendezvous.
It is, that's why I like it. Somebody else did all the work getting it broke in.
Old November 29, 2011, 05:42 PM   #4
FrontierGander

great looking bag, i especially like the beaver tail. Does it have a weight in the end to help hold it down?

Shotgun in the background?
Old November 29, 2011, 08:58 PM   #5
Hawg

No it's heavy enough on it's own. The shotgun is an old English Parker muzzleloader. From the look of it it was stored on it's butt in a shed with a dirt floor. The guy I got it from had it hanging on the porch over the back door. It's in really sad shape and most people would just toss it. I doubt it will ever be a shooter but I do want to at least try to make it a decent looking wall hanger.

Old December 1, 2011, 04:07 PM   #6
dlbarr

That bag's a beauty, Hawg. I made one semi-similar to it but just made out of cowhide. Mine does the trick but I like the looks of yours.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG096.jpg (221.7 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg IMG097.jpg (198.3 KB, 18 views)