The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old December 4, 2009, 01:32 PM   #1
Neil2470

Kimber Gold Match II

So for a while now my father has been wanting a quality 1911. I finally convinced him to order a Kimber Gold Math II. I knew that there was usually at least a 5 month waiting period so I told him to order even before he got his permit approved. He said he did not want to make any decisions until he had his permit in hand. So after his permit was approved he and I went to our local dealer and he put a deposit down. The next day the dealer called and said that it would be a minimum of 3 month and wanted to know if he still wanted to place the order. He called back that night and the order was placed. That was on a Wednesday. Friday the dealer called and said his gun was in. He picked it up the same night.

I have NEVER been so surprised in my life. The waiting period went from 5 months to 3 months to 2 days.

Has anyone else had this type of experience with Kimber?

Tags
gold match ii , kimber