The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old November 11, 2005, 07:18 AM   #1
Farmhand

Need advice on replacing sights on CZ75B

I took my CZ75b to the indoor range last night for the first time and found the sights hard to pick up quickly. The dots seem small and somwhat dark. I need some ideas about replacement sights for it. I don't think replacing them will be difficult the rears should just slide out and there is one pin holding the front. I think I want to stay with something fairly low profile - since the gun is not really a "target gun". I was thinking the Williams Firesights - but I don't see that they make them for the 75b. I would appreciate your recommendations/opinions. Thanks.
Old November 13, 2005, 02:03 AM   #2
CraigJS

Check with CZ-USA they sell different sights for our CZ's I believe.. Also Meprolight, Trijcon (sp?) for night sights.
Here: http://www.cz-usa.com/ click on accessories and parts
Old November 13, 2005, 02:53 AM   #3
T. O'Heir

How's and what kind of lighting on your range? Flourescent lights tend to wash out sights. Sight black might help. Either way before you spend any money, shoot outside and/or different lighting. The front sight on my GP-100 disappeared under flourescent lights. On a police range.
Old November 13, 2005, 08:35 AM   #4
Farmhand

Indoor Range

I shoot at an very nice indoor range which does use flourescent lighting. I will try the sights today at home. However, do to my schedule I shoot mostly at the indoor range - I suspect it maybe a situation much like your GP100 and the flourescent lighting maybe the problem. Thanks for the idea I did not think about that.