The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old April 22, 2010, 04:46 PM   #1
gnomus

Lee 50 BMG Dies

Does anyone know if I can get hold of a bushing that would allow me to use the Lee 50 BMG die set (1 1/4-12 thread) with an RCBS Ammomaster 2 press (1 1/2" thread)?

Thank you in anticipation.
Old April 22, 2010, 05:29 PM   #2
50 shooter

Try CH4D for an adaptor, if anyone will have it they would. www.ch4d.com
No time for rearranging.
Old April 22, 2010, 05:47 PM   #3
Sevens

...and if they don't, the Lee Classic Cast has enough clearance and comes with a removable bushing and will handle your .50 BMG needs in an affordable and durable press.
Old April 23, 2010, 04:30 AM   #4
gnomus

Thanks for your thoughts. Here is the situation. I already have a set of Lee 50 BMG dies. I have an RCBS Ammomaster 2 press. I would like to use a CH4D neck sizing die. I would really rather avoid having to have 2 presses - partly because of limited space.

I was hoping that I could get a bushing to screw in to the 1.5"" diameter Ammomaster that would allow me to screw my 1.25" Lee dies into it.

I wondered if anyone had found a way of using the Lee dies with a standard 1.5" press. If not, I'm looking at a wodge to get a set of 1.5" dies.
Old April 25, 2010, 06:41 PM   #5
50 shooter

As far as I know Lee doesn't make a 50 BMG neck sizing die, I think they will make them if there was enough demand. If you could find at least 25+ people willing to buy one they would do it.

If you're on a budget and really want the Lee then buy it, the drawback that you've already found is dealing with die sizes and presses. Since Lee is the only Co. making a smaller press with smaller dies you're limited. When you step up to a full size press you can order all the dies, swaging tools, priming tools and customs dies that are made for full size presses.

It's up to you and how much you want to spend.
No time for rearranging.
Old May 15, 2010, 07:39 AM   #6
subseauk

Start counting for 25 people now !!

Hi
Based over in the UK, there are quite a few 50BMG owners over here that reload or would reload if we could get reasonable equipment at reasonable prices!!
Count me in if anyone in the USA has the contacts to get LEE to make a neck sizing die for 50BMG.
Rgds
Kev