The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old April 17, 2011, 11:05 PM   #1
Cactus Kent

Done Business with BeltFedShooters?

Just wondering if they're an OK company to deal with? I put in an order nearly a month ago, paid up front and have received nothing. Twice I was told "it's going out tomorrow." I understand backlogs, but not BS.
Old April 18, 2011, 11:10 AM   #2
macsters

you have probably been scammed. this is something that a lot of cons are doing now; they open up a website with seemingly low, but not unrealistically low, prices. of course, attracted to their prices, you buy their stuff, and they then proceed to put your money into a holding account where it gains interest. eventually, their customers figure out they are never going to get their stuff, and request their money back. the company will give you the run-around for as long as possible, in order to keep your money for as long as possible.

my advice: ask for your money back NOW. dont be fooled by, "we are sending it out soon," or "we made the transfer, we dont know why it hasnt shown up."

tell them you will call your credit card company and report them as a pilfering website if they do not refund your money. and then call your credit card company anyway. threaten to leave multiple negative reviews on as many websites as possible. and then do it.

basically, hose these people like they are hosing you.
Old April 18, 2011, 11:56 AM   #3
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

Well I took a few minutes of my life to address this... After only minutes of my first mail to this company Rich replied. Here is his second mail to me...
Quote:
Brent,
Amazing that the this "customer" did not ask for a refund or anything? Yes there is a backlog sometimes and I do all this custom building myself so it can get hectic. Right now its hectic but I work on them and ship daily. Sometimes I do have to put other orders in front of other people to keep everyone calm but these adapters sell quick and I can never keep up with building them. At anytime if a customer is not happy all they have to do is simply cancel there order and I will refund there money asap, its not like I go on vacations or anything I work on them every day 7 days week and still have a back log but I do my best with running all aspects or operations single handedly. Try running a custom fabrication business all by yourself and see how it is,lol. ;-)

Anyways it would have been nice if that customer would have e-mailed me first or posted something on my own forum but I guess they would rather bash me and my hardwork on another forum. I could "hire" some welders to help out with welding these but then the prices would certainly double so in order to keep the cost's down I do this by myself so the customer gets an affordable adapter. Its a double edge sword but I try hard everyday to keep people happy and I've never "Ripped" anyone off. Think of waiting for my adapters as the same as getting a custom rifle built or custom chopper etc etc whenever you deal with custom stuff theres always a wait.

This year I'm working hard to actually start keeping more stuff in stock but the gun show dealers always clean me out so w'ell see until then I hope my customers have patience with waiting on my products if not then can ask for a refund or pass on buying my products.

Hope this calms some nerves with that customer. ;-)

*You may post this over there if you want as I dont really post on other boards.
Thanks for the heads up on this I never knew someone was ******. :-(
Rich
Hope this calms the buyer as well as save a company from un due harm.

Brent
Old April 18, 2011, 01:28 PM   #4
Cactus Kent

Inquiring, not bashing

Thanks Brent - I was just trying to find out if other guys had worked with BFS/Rich and what their experiences were. If I heard back they had to wait 6 weeks, but got their stuff and it was made well, OK, no problem.

I'm not trying to bash him. I did exchange email inquiries with him though. That's why I went on another (this) forum to solicit, hopefully, independent opinions. That way I could decide if I'm going to have a problem or not.
Old April 22, 2011, 06:22 PM   #5
Cactus Kent

Update on BFS - looks like an OK Company

I got my stuff from them this week - it was well made, what I ordered, fit right and was well painted. They apparently can get back logged though, so you may have to wait awhile, like a month, to get your order.

They should tell customers that up front, though, and give realistic estimates when asked. Other than that, they have a lot of well designed, interesting mount systems for 1919s that I haven't seen other places on the internet.
Old April 22, 2011, 06:36 PM   #6
Jimmy10mm

Glad to hear it ended well. Maybe someday I'll get my Tyler T-Grip but that is another topic.
Old April 23, 2011, 12:33 AM   #7
macsters

im glad it ended well.

i have had experience with companies that do the exact same thing, but are not on "backlog" or anything like that, which is why i am very weary of the kinds of responses you were getting: they sounded word for word like what you would get out of BS scam companies. (immediate credit card charge, "we'll send it out tomorrow," "its on backlog....our online inventory doesn't always update.")
Old April 24, 2011, 07:16 PM   #8
Cactus Kent

Tyler

Hi Jimmy - I didn't know about Tyler, so Googled them. Holy Crap, the Smith & Wesson forum has 22 PAGES of complaints about the company! It seems like a good idea to check any online company out before ordering from them, on the forums and complaint sites.

You'd think that in this economy, people would be happy for the business and do whatever it took to keep customers ordering and happy, including expanding. They must be expending as much time and effort handling complaints as they do making stuff. Seems like a no-brainer, but a lot of guys want to just create a job for themselves and not a business. They take "self-employed" literally, like it's a perpetual motion machine, instead of being powered by customers.

Tags
belt fed , orders