The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old February 15, 2001, 05:05 PM   #1
Berthold

I have a stock Win 1300 Defender. What are your expirences with Sellier and Bellot 2 3/4 00 Buck with this gun, and where is the best pricing to be found on this. I know ammoman has it for 87/200 and CheaperThanDirt is sold out.
Old February 16, 2001, 01:50 AM   #2
Jager1

Erick is right. You must try them in your shotgun to determine efficacy. That being reiterated, I use them for home defense (12 pellet) because of the difficulty in finding decently priced 01 buck (12 pellet). If S&B wishes to call it 00 buck, fine, but 00 buck is 9 pellet where I hail from. I also use them for practice/training because of the relatively low cost. They have no filler to buffer the shot, but patterns are reasonable anyway.

Two drawbacks. They are not reloadable and are longer because of the design. This means one less shell in the extended tube of my 870 (6 instead of 7 normal length 2-3/4" shells). I don't consider this a terrible drawback though.

I pay under $60 for 200/case but pick them up at the gun show. Shipping/fees will certainly raise the cost.