The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Bolt, Lever, and Pump Action

Old July 26, 2012, 11:49 AM   #1
a_just_cause

Need input: Ruger GSR w/ Aimpoint

I am looking for advice / recommendations on the following.

I have a comp m4 site and wanting to know how this might be mounted on a Ruger GSR and if this allows for co-witness. Any input would be appreciated as this will be my first bolt action, I like the scout setup and hoping to utilize the current aim point compm4 that I own.

Thanks in advance for the feedback!
Old July 26, 2012, 12:29 PM   #2
Creeper

The M4 won't co-witness... GSR sights are too low. You could maybe fabricate a mount for the Burris Speed Bead... but that would end up being behind the rear sight.
You might be able to fit an offset mount, so you can use the irons straight up, and the M4 at a cant. Or a flip-off mount... but that might block the irons.

All I got...
C
Old July 26, 2012, 05:21 PM   #3
AK103K

I dont have a GSR, but I did have a Savage Scout, and used an Aimpoint M2 on it for a little while. I just used one of Aimponts low rings and it worked fine. I didnt get a cowitness, but it really wasnt a big deal, the Aimpont ring is basically a Weaver type ring, and comes right off without much effort.

I cant imagine the Ruger is all that much different than the Savage and the low ring wouldnt work. If the Ruger rail is milspec, you could also use one of the AR type lever mounts, but it may be a tad high.

Tags
gsr , ruger , scout