The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old December 31, 2011, 05:49 AM   #1
bspillman

Ruger p 95

I just got a used p 95. i took it out fire 50 rounds of bulk ammo ( I have no idea of brand or any thing ), it was the dirtyiest ammo i have ever seen. All round fired great except the last 2, i had one ftf but a slap on the back of the slide fixed it. and after the last round fired out the slide did not lock back. can i say this was from dirty ammo or should i be worried?
Old December 31, 2011, 09:43 AM   #2
BrittB

Do a good cleaning job on the gun and the magazine. Most people never clean them or check the spring tension. If the springs weak, it will make the gun have FTF's. If it happens after doing all that, try different magazine. Other than that, I'd send it back to Ruger.
Old December 31, 2011, 04:46 PM   #3
bspillman

p 95

Hey britt thanks i gave it a good cleaning and shot 50 rounds of remington 115 grain fmjs through it perfect function. Thanks if this gun keeps working i will retire my smith and others. I really like this gun alot and after shooting it i would probably pay 500 for this gun....(if i didnt know better).

Now cleaning the mag should i soak it down with breakfree powderblast and then oil it, or should i do a complete breakdown of the mag. and if i shoot 300 rounds at a time should i clean it after so many rounds or what do you recommend.
Old December 31, 2011, 10:57 PM   #4
BrittB

I picked up a P90dc today so now I get to do all that work too. Good thing I enjoy doing it.