The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old February 27, 2000, 12:38 AM   #1
bergie

I was not real sure who, specifically, to address this to, but I would like like to ask for permission (if it is deemed appropriate) to post in the Hunting, and perhaps the Shotgun forums about a raffle that my Pheasants Forever chapter is putting on.
My chapter, the Logan Creek chapter of NE has been very active in habitat projects, last year we ranked 13th out of over 50 chapters in the state, and 58th out of 534 chapters nationwide. The Logan Creek chapter is from Wayne, NE, a town of about 6,000 and has approx 200 members. Our chapter last year alone spent $29,985 on our various habitat projects. In addition to this we had several other projects including a Youth Mentor Hunt for which we purchased 5 20g 870s to use for hunter education. Nationwide, Pheasants Forever is a very efficient organization with 93% of the money we raise going directly to projects, with only2% going for administration, and 5% for fundraising. Our banquet is the major fundraiser that we conduct each year.
This year our banquet raffle gun, actually the only one we are selling tickets for outside of our chapter banquet, (we will give away at least 6 other guns to people attending the banquet) is a 12g Red Label, VERY nicely engraved, with a 24k gold plated scene "Retriever with a Kill" scene on the right side, and a "Pheasants at Sunrise" scene on the left with very ornate scrollwork surrounding each, 1 of 100 so finished.

With your permission, I would like to post this information in the aforementioned forums, to see if anyone would be interested in taking a chance on winning this gun, with the added benefit of helping wildlife.

Respectfully,
Bergie

Jeff Berglund
Old February 27, 2000, 02:25 PM   #2
Rich Lucibella
Staff

Jeff-
Go for it, with our blessing. Hunting Forum seems most appropriate.
Rich Lucibella
Old March 1, 2000, 01:35 PM   #3
bergie

Thank you.