The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 22, 2000, 08:06 PM   #1
Gopher a 45

Howdy all,

Just got a carry handle scope for my Bushmaster (I didn't think far enough ahead to get a flat-top) and I'm not having too much trouble lining up the sight, but I figure a cheekpiece wouldn't hurt, so I'd like to know who makes a good cheekpiece and what they usually cost. Thanks.

John
Old February 22, 2000, 10:12 PM   #2
dZ

http://www.GunAccessories.com/AR15/AR15cheekrests.asp

they do end up blocking the view of the iron sights...
Old February 22, 2000, 11:39 PM   #3
jcoyoung

Hi ya Gopher,

If you have a non-collapsable stock, you can try a rubber pad type thing from KickEez called the Cheek-Eez. (And NO, it's not for your posterior). I have a Remington 700 with a 50mm objective scope. The cheek weld is way too low to get a good line of sight through the scope. I saw this stuff in a Natchez catalog and decided to give it a try. To make a long story short, the pad makes it very comfortable to look through the scope properly. (I haven't shot it like this yet so I can't evaluate shooting comfort yet)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
CHEEK-EEZ
Sorbothane(R) Cheek Protector
An oval-shaped sheet of Sorbothane(R) laminated with a revolutionary micro cellular urethane cover and it adheres to your gun comb to virtually eliminate recoil shock to your cheek.
[/quote]

These things come in a 5"x6" sheet in thicknesses of 1/16", 1/4", 1/8", 3/16". I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for. The thicknesses may not be enough for a carry handle mounted scope.

Natchez Shooters Supply

Jason

------------------
"Ray guns don't vaporize Zorbonians, Zorbonians vaporize Zorbonians" The Far Side
Old February 23, 2000, 03:50 PM   #4
Gopher a 45

Thanks for the replies. I think I'll go with a purpose built pad, though I'm not too wild about blocking the iron sights... I guess you can't get something for nothing.
Old February 25, 2000, 07:54 AM   #5
Svt

Go to www.bushmaster.com and pick up a cheekpiece there. It works great!