The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old January 22, 2008, 08:44 PM   #1
Shane Tuttle
Staff

Buyer beware: tclover's NONEXISTANT Service after the sale...

Well, I think I just joined the "Group of duped"....

Originally Posted by Tuttle8
Quote:
I'm interested in your 44Mag die set. Can you give more detailed info? Is this new, like new, used, etc? What dies are included in the set?
Posted by tclover
Quote:
they are used, sizer,flaring die, and seater. inside is clean no wear, out side does show use, but does not effect reloading with them
The outside did have minor surface rust. This was disclosed to me and didn't have any problem with it. He also sent the die set promptly. Didn't have any issues on the time frame of receiving the dies.

My problems were that the insides of the dies were absolutely filthy. Powder granules were packed all over inside the expander die, debris such as bullet shavings and what appears to be case lube in the bullet seater die, and minor gunk in the sizer die. All in all, full of crap. But, be that as it may, I shrugged it off and thought it wasn't that big of a deal. Just wasn't expecting a claimed "clean" set be so packed with garbage. However, the next surprise didn't set well with my stomach...

I removed the bullet seater plug to get started on the cleaning process. Lo and behold, the plug is ground down flat. Not good. It's been modified. This isn't what I bargained for. It, in fact, does affect reloading with them.

Unhappy, yet still calm, I PM'd tclover of the issue and requested my funds refunded and dies to be shipped back at his expense.

My following quote is the PM I sent him back on the 14th of Jan:

Quote:
Got the die set today as you promised. However, I must say that I'm not exactly happy with my purchase. You stated that they were clean. The expander die has powder all in it. The sizer die has a bunch of debris in it and the seater has been ground down flat. I would like to arrange a return of the dies and my money back, please.
No reply as of today. I also emailed him on the 18th with a similar statement. No reply.

I feel that I gave adequate time to respond due to some people may not visit TFL every day and the email I sent was on a Thursday evening. I gave the benefit of the doubt that his email may be hotmail from work or something of that nature and may not get it right away. He hasn't logged here since right before I sent the PM.

So, I must regretfully say that I got taken for a ride. I would NOT recommend tclover for any business. If he doesn't stand by his $20 sale, he's definitely not going to get another dime from me.

This sucks because I just recently started doing personal transactions with other members here and thought I'd give a new member a try. Guess it's "Fool me once..." I makes me nervous to do business with other members even with a good reputation online. Hopefully, I'll get over it and not let one rotten apple ruin the good apples in the same barrel.

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
Old January 23, 2008, 10:57 AM   #2
VinnyT

Yeah. Unfortunately it is hard to trust someone these days. Looks like tclover just joined to sell his wares, then bolted.

Sucks.

Sorry to hear that Tuttle, but there are good sellers on this forum. I try and keep a running list for myself.

VinnyT
Old January 23, 2008, 11:54 AM   #3
armoredman

It doesn't affect anything about the sale, but depending on who made the dies, you might be able to get another seater. Call the manufacturer - RCBS and Lee both stood WAY up for thier products with me. Can't hurt to ask.
Old January 23, 2008, 09:09 PM   #4
Shane Tuttle
Staff

Quote:
It doesn't affect anything about the sale, but depending on who made the dies, you might be able to get another seater. Call the manufacturer - RCBS and Lee both stood WAY up for thier products with me. Can't hurt to ask.
That's my plan. I'm going to be up front and tell what I have. I'm sure the price if I have to pay isn't much. But then I add it to the price I paid for the dies and it will probably equate to not much of a deal in the big picture.

At least I'll have a working set...

Quote:
Sorry to hear that Tuttle, but there are good sellers on this forum. I try and keep a running list for myself.
You got that right. I know the good members certainly outweigh the bad...

Old February 2, 2008, 12:21 AM   #5
n8ies

tclover warning - He she got me too. I have been warning potential victums.
This was the first time I have had a deal go bad online.

Her other user names Oldfart (one word) on Castboolits forum
other email addresses <[email protected]> <[email protected]>

Names Hazel Grindle
>> 300 Grant Trail
>> Bessemer City,NC 28016

Phone 704-435-9236

Terry Grindle
>> 300 Grant Trail
>> Bessemer City,NC 28016

He/she is trying to sell on other forums (do a google search like I did)

http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...up-sale-27530/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Use caution dealing with this person he/she is less than honorable.

This gun combo was posted on the specialtypistols forum until I warned the people trying to buy from her/him

tom

Over on the castboolits forum her username is Oldfart (one word)

There is at least one other person that had poor dealings with her and posted such on the deadbeats list.

This person should know how to conduct business on these forums, he /she does it enough, with her/his vague posts not describing things worth a damn and general lack of communication when people buy something from her/him the only way I would buy something would be face to face only.

you can pass that on too.

I bought a barrel, brass and dies from this person of the castboolit website under the user name of Oldfart. Anyway hold on to your ass.
He / she shorted me the dies and 45 rounds of brass I finaly got the dies today (waiting over 30 days) after I sent him / her an e-mail threatining to get the postal inspector involved.

He / she has not posted on castboolits forum scince the end of Dec.

good luck

tom

Last edited by n8ies; February 4, 2008 at 01:22 AM.
Old February 2, 2008, 12:43 AM   #6
n8ies

more negative feedback

January 28 was the latest feedback.

from: http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.p...rader&id=22513

Found this negative feedback on SSK Industries forums. no positive just 3 negative.

tclover and I traded barrels--my Super 14 30-30 with forearm for his 10" 7TCU. Subsequent trade, I sent four bullet molds for four of his. That was in November and I've heard and seen no molds, no reply to emails...
Comment by: DennisB

Return to Trader Ratings

i purchased abunch of reloading equipment back around x-mas.8 items were either missing,damaged or not even what was described.i contacted him about bthe problems,he said he would ship the missing items.i sent him a money order for $8.95 on top of the $395 i paid for the other items.last i have heard from him after several pm attempts. buyer beware,adirondacker
Comment by: adirondacker

Return to Trader Ratings

She asked for Hornet dies. I replied I had a set for $10.00 plus actual shipping. She said she would take them then said I could ship priority for $4.60. I did ship prior to receiving her funds. I emailed several times to insure she received the dies. Only one reply stating she would go look to see if she had received them. No other replies. Dies were returned unopened later with a USPS explanation of "refused". I then tried to contact only to discover I had been placed on a "no access list" through her firewall. A lesson learned. It's a shame she sells her integrity so cheaply.
Comment by: tatonka

Return to Trader Ratings
Old February 2, 2008, 09:32 AM   #7
Shane Tuttle
Staff

There may be light at the end of the tunnel...more to come in a few days. And no, it doesn't have anything to do with tclover. It has to do with a fellow member here...

Thanks for your input n8ies. I don't know if it's allowed to post that type of information from other sites or not, but it does spread the word on bad experiences with dealers. This needs to be known.

Old February 2, 2008, 10:41 AM   #8
bennnn

He's a member on CSF where I moderate feedback, so this has my attention.

I'll pass the info along.

If you need help contacting him, let me know.

Maybe I can help.
Old February 2, 2008, 10:49 PM   #9
Madmark

I moderate the GBO TC classifieds, and was not aware of this till n8ies gave me a heads up. 3 negative feedback in less than 2 weeks.....