The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old November 1, 2012, 11:11 AM   #26
mohr308

L.E. Wilson case gage! An absolute must for reloading for the AR.

I use the RCBS AR series two die set (5.56/.223), it has a vent hole to keep your shoulders from denting if you over lube. It has a built in crimp if you choose to use it, and also sizes slightly smaller than most .223 die sets.

Save your brass or get some once fired LC brass.

Tumbler is needed also
Old November 1, 2012, 11:41 AM   #27
m&p45acp10+1

You can get by without the tumbler. Washing the case lube off, and drying the brass will work. As well as washing to remove grit from fired cases before lubing, and sizing. I use a sonic cleaner most of the time, due the dust from tumbling setting off my allergies. Though I do use the tumbler still when I am in a hurry.

I got by for a year just washing them in soapy water, with a touch of white vinegar. Then rinsing, and laying them out in the sun on a towel to dry. Clean is fine. Shining brass is not needed for accurate ammo. Clean brass does not scratch dies. As well as the lube needs to be off of the cases before firing. Cases with lube still on them can spike pressure of the bolt face.
Old November 2, 2012, 06:00 PM   #28
45YearsShooting

9mm can certainly be loaded for less than 20 cents per round. About 12 cents per round. You can get JHP bullets from Precision Delta for about 9 cents shipped to your door. You have to order at least 1000.
http://precisiondelta.com/product.php?indx=5