The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old April 14, 2005, 11:35 PM   #1
mylesd

CDNN AR-15 scopes

So has anyone had experience with the scopes that they sell on CDNN for AR's? They dont seem to have a label or anything. I was contemplating getting one for my AR just as something cheap and effective out to say 300m. I would like to get a BM (bushmaster) varminter soon and for that I might get an IOR Valada and actually spend some serious money on optics. But for plinking I dont want to spend a whole whole lot.

As long as im on the topic. I have a BM xm something something 20" with the A3 upper which is detachable. What kind of mount or rings would i need to get for a scope anyway. My guess would be to take the carry handle off but then wont my sight post get in the way? I still would like to maintain the iron sights but yeah. Once again i dont want to spend a whole lot. Need to save for a really good scope for the varminted I want to get. Any suggestions on a great scope for that in say the 300-400 dollar range? So far looking at the IOR 6x42 maybe an 8x42. Thanks guys

Mylesd
Old April 15, 2005, 07:49 AM   #2
Erich

I've got one of the CDNN NCStar AR scopes (a 3-9X40, IIRC). The optics are better than what you'd expect, but the return-to-zero is horrible and the crosshairs wander during the course of shooting over a morning.

It's not worth the headache, in my experience.
Old May 6, 2005, 08:45 AM   #3
IZHUMINTER

One of my soldiers bought one in Iraq...

Well, it looked nice out of the box, but it didn't hold up. The exterior wasn't very durable (scuffed easily...turret covers fell off first time outside the wire...etc.), and every time he fired his M4 the crosshairs would wander. Get something better.