The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Closed Thread

Old July 11, 2008, 02:24 PM   #51
p99guy

Chris,I just purchased some off your ebay listing to give a try. Enjoyed the Southern woods and Water interview. Wanted to say Howdy.
Old July 15, 2008, 07:17 AM   #52
NanoLube

Thank you P99guy. The most amazing thing about NanoLube TM is, how long it lasts. It is very hard to wear out a diamond finish, and the only way to remove it is to grind off the surface layer.

Gears, like in rolling mills, transmissions and industrial equipment love NanoLube too.
Old July 20, 2008, 08:21 AM   #53
NanoLube

Warning about ceramics

Ceramics particles will retain the heat inside your barrel and keep it from dissipating into the metal - cooking your rounds. Ceramics suffer from thermal expansion and stress fractures, and embedded particles will swell - causing a cavity that releases the particle upon cooling, making the inside of your barrel look like the surface of the moon. Those crater rims will be case hardened and razor sharp, loads of fun and only $80 per barrel treatment!!!
Old February 20, 2009, 01:43 AM   #54
Inventor81

Diamond is combustible

The problem with the diamond particles in a hot impinging gas stream is this:

If you toss your wife's engagement ring in a fire, the gold won't melt, but the diamond will catch fire within moments and go up in a bright blue-white flash.

Diamond anything on combustion driven anythings are worthless.

The nano ceramic stuff sounds good, but I'd go with an actual CVD film of TiN or AlCrN like what is used on end mills and the like.

Also, if the diamond doesn't catch fire, it'll simply diffuse into the steel after a few hundred rounds - carbon is very soluble in iron, and that solubility is dependent upon temperature and surface area - a .1nm particle has quite a bit more surface area compared to its volume than a 4nm particle, and orders of magnitude more surface area per gram than anything you CAN see.

For the record, I'm blacksmith, and trained in materials science.
Old November 12, 2010, 02:55 AM   #55
Complete_loser

I have read this whole thread, and the Nanolube results thread but didnt see the answer to my question.

What is the application method for using this Nanolube in a rifle bore?
Thanks
Old November 12, 2010, 12:43 PM   #56
davlandrum

uuummm - you realize the post prior to yours was 18 months ago, right?

Ethics is knowing the difference between what you have a right to do and what is right to do. -Potter Stewart
Old November 12, 2010, 01:16 PM   #57
LinuxHack3r

Well, this thead was brought to the top, and thus my attention. It seems we never actually saw anyone's "reviews". Basically, I just really really really wanted to hear the results

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Old November 12, 2010, 04:23 PM   #58
warbirdlover

Can diamonds catch fire?

No, not unless you can produce a fire that burns at 3820 degrees Kelvin, or 6416.6F or 3547C, at which point the stone would simply melt.

And for the record I'm a retired design engineering metallurgist for a large transmission company.
Old November 12, 2010, 05:55 PM   #59
thesheepdog

Quote:
Can diamonds catch fire?

No, not unless you can produce a fire that burns at 3820 degrees Kelvin, or 6416.6F or 3547C
Yep. That's true. That's why welders use carbon-layered clothing/blankets; it doesn't burn!
Old November 12, 2010, 09:09 PM   #60
tulsamal

Quote:
It seems we never actually saw anyone's "reviews". Basically, I just really really really wanted to hear the results
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. All those samples went out but nobody ever said anything. At least not in this thread?!

Gregg
Old November 12, 2010, 09:36 PM   #61
warbirdlover

It should work. I'm going to try it.
Old November 12, 2010, 10:32 PM   #62
swsurgeon

I just searched the Otis site for "life liner" and got "no results found". They may not offer it currently.
Old November 12, 2010, 11:37 PM   #63
warbirdlover

http://diamondlubricants.com/

This is it, right?
Old November 13, 2010, 07:05 PM   #64
sc928porsche

No thanks, I dont want to be putting glass, metal, or like substances down my rifle bore. Nor do I use moly lubes on high speed bearings.
Old November 13, 2010, 09:21 PM   #65
TXGunNut

Results thread is linked from post 49. Entertaining but not very informative.
My favorite recipes start out with a handful of used wheelweights.
Old January 8, 2011, 08:41 PM   #66
NanoLube

BAE Systems and NanoLube, Inc.

FYI, Breakfree CLP is a wonderful product, and NanoLube, Inc has signed an OEM agreement with BAE Systems, and CLP with Nano Diamond is under testing at Picatinni Arsenal for MIL-PRF-63460E as the new standard in CLP. Stainless on Stainless no longer galls, but it does cycle faster - and Sam Fadala can attest to the merits of NanoLube Inc treatments. BTW, Sam has written over 4000 articles in gun magazines and associated publications - and has given me permission to have people email him for his opinion of this new - Diamond lubricant.

Cheis Arnold
NanoLube, Inc.

PS: See Overdrive magazine for our ads claiming 21-35% increase in fuel efficiency or see www.diamondlube.com and www.quickenlube.com

CGSteve8718

Posts: 798 I love their cleaning kit, but I don't buy into that nanolube either. As for military, CLP is still used, but so is Militec as a lube, and Otis kits are floating around, not for everyone though. That's where I first got introduced to it, was in the sandbox, though I didn't use it there.
Old January 9, 2011, 01:27 AM   #67
silvrjeepr

Show me a three ball wear test from a third party and I'll revise my belief that this is over hyped cutting oil.
Old January 9, 2011, 10:07 PM   #68
NanoLube

The last 4 ball wear test performed in our Mil Spec testing program had a .51mm score pattern. All test data will be published on our web site AFTER completion of testing, and issue of the Mil Spec.

You can always ask an expert like Dr. Sam Fadala, who actually uses our nanolubrication products, or call Don at Suburban Sporting Goods in Melrose Park Illinois - or the guys at Rock River Outfitters in IL. who just stocked up on our original NanoLube™ today. The international tool company Grobet also distributes our product.

Many people are switching because of galling and jamming issues - which my products resolve within minutes, and sometings only seconds.

Chris
Old January 9, 2011, 10:25 PM   #69
Wildalaska

Quote:
You can always ask an expert like Dr. Sam Fadala, who actually uses our nanolubrication products, or call Don at Suburban Sporting Goods in Melrose Park Illinois - or the guys at Rock River Outfitters in IL. who just stocked up on our original NanoLube™ today
"\

"Dr" Fadala?

And gee, some gunshops are buying it too? wow. We just give folks tablespoons of grease in plastic bags....for nothing...

O yeah we sell Rem Oil and Action Wax too

WildletsallmakeaprofitonsnakeoilAlaska ™©2002-2011
Old January 9, 2011, 10:34 PM   #70
Fat White Boy

"I will ship out free of charge, one sample to ten, and only ten members - beginning with the guys that posted their disbelief."

But Wait! If you respond in the next 15 seconds, we will send you not one but 2 bottles of magic elixir. All you need to pay is the Shipping and Handling of $19.95!!
Old January 10, 2011, 08:11 AM   #71
Dobe

I have no idea if this stuff works or not, but one thing is for sure. If this product does work as told, Someone will resurrect this post simply to show those who were quick to berate.

Give the man a chance, before you are so quick to criticize. This may just be a sound product.
Old January 10, 2011, 09:16 AM   #72
LinuxHack3r

Quote:
We just give folks tablespoons of grease in plastic bags....for nothing...
Hm...........if this is bacon grease or the like....I was thinking of slow cooking.....ah never mind:|
Old January 10, 2011, 10:49 AM   #73
Art Eatman
Staff in Memoriam

Enough useless backing and forthing...
Closed Thread