The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old April 26, 2012, 03:33 PM   #1
ammo.crafter

Gunsmith

Got burned once. Does anyone know of a decent pistolsmith in NJ who can install a frame-mounted scope mount?
Old April 26, 2012, 06:02 PM   #2
Jammer Six

Never understood why you'd limit yourself to one geographic area when national reputations are as close as the front door...
Old April 26, 2012, 06:55 PM   #3
ClydeFrog

American Pistolsmiths Guild...

For handgun custom work or services, I'd check www.AmericanPistol.com .
It lists gunsmiths-pistolsmiths by brand or state.
I always advise gun owners & armed professionals to use a highly rated gunsmith or a factory trained armorer before spending a lot of $$$.
The time & $ spent are worth the effort in the long run.
Many major firms like SIG-Sauer & Smith and Wesson have custom shops too that do not void product warranties.

CF
Old April 27, 2012, 12:47 PM   #4
Hunter Customs

Quote:
Got burned once. Does anyone know of a decent pistolsmith in NJ who can install a frame-mounted scope mount?
Frame mounted scope mounts are not hard to install, I did a lot of them back when I was building raceguns.

When choosing a smith, if you can find a smith you like with in decent driving distance is always your best bet.
It will eliminate the chances of your gun being lost, stolen, or damaged during shipping, plus it will let you deal with the smith face to face.

The APG web site ClydeFrog listed is a good place to start, it's hard to go wrong with an APG member.

You might also check with your local machine shops, they may do the work or have a machinest that's into guns that will do the work in his free time.

Best Regards
Bob Hunter