The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old December 29, 2004, 04:54 PM   #26
mill hunky

thank you for the info on cdnn. i have called a few times for something in their cat., and they didn`t have it.
Old January 1, 2005, 05:54 PM   #27
bnormal2

I've bought from cdnn for years without a problem. I like the fixed shipping as I save up and order for a couple hundred bucks worht of stuff and cost average the shipping over everything. During christmas they even had free shipping on orders over $100. If you see a deal, jump on it. There's plenty of loyal, happy customers who gladly snap up deals.

As for the original post. If their cost goes up, their price goes up. Simple rule of supply and demand my friend.
Old January 5, 2005, 06:07 PM   #28
BloodyThumb

Same here. I have purchased from them MANY times in the last 5 years or so. Too many to recall. The closest thing to a problem I ever had was when I ordered two Walther TPH mags. With the $9.99 shipping spread across two mags, the price was pretty good compare to other places (When you can find them).

When my shipment arrived, there was only one mag, with a note saying that they only had one in stock and were not sure if they would ever have them again. I checked the website, and indeed, they had been marked as out of stock.

I called them and explained my concern over the $9.99 shipping for a $25 magazine. The person I spoke with told me his name, and told me that when I ordered again, to just tell them that he told me my next shipment was free. I was skeptical, but had such good luck with them in the past that I took the man's word.

About 2 months later I placed another order for some HK parts (much heavier and costly to ship). I called the order in instead of placing it online. I told the person taking the order (someone else) the story of my last order and what "so and so ???" told me, and the order was shipped without a shipping charge. No problem.

I can't ask for much better than that.

BT

NRA Life
NAHC Life
WWW.NLEOMF.ORG
Old January 7, 2005, 03:22 PM   #29
PKAY

I bought a new Mitchell's Mauser M48 boxed with matching serial numbers and all the extras from CDNN for half what it sellls for in CA. The rifle is beautiful and I had no problems whatsoever.
Old January 7, 2005, 04:40 PM   #30
FlyinGN

I just bought a new taurus tracker 8" stainless in .17HMR from them for about 1/2 of list... Im happy with em.. Professional and to the point and fast.. no games..

Frank
Old January 13, 2005, 11:10 PM   #31
busted1200

I quit doing business with CDNN about 10 years ago, when they tried to screw me. This was after the gun ban of '94 they had advertised pre-ban Feather 9mm's with collapisable stocks. I ordered 5 of them. When they came they were post bans with non-collapisable stocks. I called and the person I spoke with told me that the ad was wrong and they should have been listed as post-bans. I told him I didn't want them and that I was going to send them back. He said no problem, but when I asked him how they were going to refund me the cost to ship them back, that's when things changed. He stated that I would have to pay the cost to ship them back. I told him that since it was not my mistake that I shouldn't have to be the one to pay for the return shipping. He stated that if I didn't want them, then I would have to pay to send them back. I again stated that this was their mistake and I shouldn't be the one to end up paying for receiving something that I didn't order. He began to get angry and raising his voice. I couldn't believe what I was listening too. It wasn't until I threatened to contact my credit card company and have the charges reversed that he finally agreed to refund the cost of having to ship them back. Like I tried to expain to him," Why should I have to pay for your mistake." This was no way to treat a customer. I told him before I hung up that I'm sure he doesn't care, but even though I'm a small time customer compared to some larger dealers that they deal with, I would never buy from them again. I've been true to my word.