The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old July 19, 2012, 02:24 PM   #1
LordTio3

NC Star Tactical MKIII Scope Experience

I recently bought an NC Star 4x32 Tactical Scope with a P4 Sniper illuminated reticle, used from a guy. I figured the price tag was worth the risk of the thing being junk and going to my buddy's airsoft hobby.

It was $40 with a 1" UTG weaver Riser that was probably $20 by itself. The guy failed to mention to me that it was priced so well mainly because he had lost the Turret Covers to the Fine Rheostat Adjustment controls.

Eh.

Once I saw it, I figured, "Whatever; still worth it." I took the thing home and mounted it on my upper. It's not a bad scope. It's actually a pretty good scope. The illumination is hoakey; as the internal crosshairs is illuminated by an LED behind the objective inside the tube (slightly visible at the right angle). But it works. The picture is clear and the relief is about 3.5". The quick detatch weaver mount locks tight and holds a zero. I'm pretty impressed with it for what I paid.

Even so, out of my curiosity I decided to contact NC Star about those missing turret caps. I logged onto their website and found their CS contact. I wrote up a quick e-mail and asked if there was somewhere I could purchase a set of new ones.

In less than an hour I got this response:

"I can send you a replacement cap but I’m unclear as to whether you need the rheostat cover or the elevation turret cap. Please clarify and send me your mailing address and I will send you the cap."

I responded immediately with a picture of the missing pieces and my address. 25 minutes later I received this e-mail.

"We will send out some turret caps to the address you provided. We appreciate your business."

No proof of purchase required. No requesting me to pay at least the shipping. No actual proof that I even have an NC Star rifle Scope, and they're sending some out to me UPS from California.

How do you like that for customer service? I'm extremely pleased and we'll see how far I can take this scope before it either fails or impresses me.

~LT

Tags
ephialtes , nc star , rifle , scope , service