The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old February 1, 2011, 12:31 PM   #1
cfpaperpuncher

feedback on thegunsource.com?

[EDIT] never mind, did some digging. I'll be finding someone else....

Looking to buy a handgun that is hard to find local, anyone use these guys?

Last edited by cfpaperpuncher; February 1, 2011 at 03:08 PM.
Old February 3, 2011, 04:40 PM   #2
snipecatcher

Glad you decided not to go with them. I had a terrible time with TikkaPrecision.com, which is owned by The Gunsource. They still have $95 of my money that I'll never get back. Be careful, because they have several websites like that where you need to check if you suspect it might be owned by The Gunsource. Here's hoping they go bankrupt.
-Dan
Old February 3, 2011, 06:00 PM   #3
cfpaperpuncher

I'm sorry to hear they got you...youhave a good point "Be careful, because they have several websites like that where you need to check"

If you check out TGSCOM on BBB for Wisconsin, the web sites the run are listed....at least most of them - I think they cook up new ones all the time.
Old February 22, 2011, 08:13 PM   #4
banjodan1997

I went to their website and saw near the bottom of the homepage a section called "visit our partners". Looks to me like a bunch of their other websites. And there are lots of them! As usual, buyer beware.
Old May 18, 2011, 06:32 PM   #5
Schiltkraut

Don't Buy From Gunsource.com

Takes forever to get something that was supposedly "in stock." When you call you talk to some bitchy person who says you should have read the fine print. The weapon finally arrives, but dented and missing the scope rings. Judging from the box, this particular weapon came from some other retailer who networks with TGSCOM. Don't bother sending it back, because you'll pay a 25% restocking fee -- in this case about $150. With this bunch you can't do business with a handshake, since you'll be needing both hands to hold onto your wallet.
Old June 9, 2011, 01:19 PM   #6
WolfMacabre

I've tried to rder a gun through them before but their credit card thing is all screwed up, reading these reviews though I'm glad it didn't work.
Old June 13, 2012, 11:07 AM   #7
cjegger

The Gun Source OUT OF BUSINESS

My 74 yr old father ordered a couple of clips from this place in March. He sent them a Western Union m.o....they returned it April 24th saying they could only accept USPS money orders (warning bell right there). So he sends them a $70.94 USPS money order and never heard back from them. I got the information from him, tried to call....all their phones are out. Clicked on a link that took me to the Better Business Bureau site and there was an alert that said there had been numerous complaints and the BBB had tried to contact them on April 30th, but had not heard back from them. (TGS did NOT belong to the BBB). I'm waiting on a call back from a detective there in Green Bay to see if anything is being done.

Here are the people that own this and several companies.....file complaints against them!!!

Business Management
Mr. Eric Robert Thompson, President
Mr. Jordan Thompson, CSR

Contact Information
Principal: Mr. Eric Robert Thompson, President

Business Category
Ammunition & Reload Equipment & Supplies
Ammunition Reloading
Guns & Gunsmiths
Sporting Goods - Retail
Ammunition

Alternate Business Names