The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old December 8, 2002, 12:05 AM   #1
Robby from Long Island

Movie - Christmas Rush

Was just watching a movie on T.V. called "Christmas Rush" and saw the BG's using a couple of mean looking shotguns.

Was wondering if anyone else saw the flick and recognized the weapons? One of the looked like a SPA 12 and the other I only noticed had a drum magazine. Both very intimidating, any ideas?

Safe shooting.
Old December 8, 2002, 02:51 AM   #2
Justin

Shotgun with a drum magazine, hmmm.
Could be a USAS-12
Old December 8, 2002, 05:12 AM   #3
LF&Co. MG

I didn't see the movie but a drum magged shottie could also be the Striker 12/Streetsweeper gun. The USAS mentioned above looks like an M-16 on roids. The Striker and SS look much more compact. Hope this helps.
Old December 8, 2002, 09:55 AM   #4
KSFreeman

By "intimidating", you mean silly, right?
Old December 8, 2002, 11:47 AM   #5
Robby from Long Island

Thanks fellas,

I think you guys hit it on the head with both shotguns. Did a little research myself this morning and one of them looked just like a Franchi SPAS 12 with the folding metal stock on top of the receiver.

The other was the South African Striker. I called both intimidating since the good guy only had a semi-auto handgun to use.

Hey, late at night I can't help but enjoy a good action flick, regardless of how impractical the mayhem. When the GG is the target of about 50 rds of 12 gauge and doesn't stop a pellet you know it's Hollywood but still great entertainment. The two BG's just about destroyed a shopping center with these two alley sweepers. Lottsa fun.

Safe shooting.