The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

View Poll Results: Which do you practice?
Striking Arts 4 57.14%
Grappling Arts 0 0%
MMA 3 42.86%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 18, 2001, 01:38 PM   #1
AdrenalineJunky

How many...

Well folks, I bit the bullet and joined the local Aikido Dojo. It was either that or Karate. As some of you may know, I've been practicing Muay Thai for 8+ years now, but, due to a lack of sparring partners, I've slacked off these last three years, leaving this last year almost completely without training. Unfortunately, the nearest "real," or I guess I should say "traditional," Thai school is the Fairtex Thai camp in San Francisco, about three hours away.

So far, it's been a good experience. Last night--the first class--was mostly tumbling and falling, exactly what I expected, but I did learn a wrist lock that will have some practical use while at my second job. My wrists are sore, to say the least.

I have more to say but, unfortunately, it'll have to wait until this afternoon. So if you would humor me by taking my little poll and reflecting some of your experiences with Aikido or MMA, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.