The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old September 6, 2001, 02:11 PM   #1
Charlie Fox

Hindi Baton Cap

I've been asked about these units and can't give much info. Does anyone out there in computer-land use one? Opinions? Where can I get more info, prices, etc? Thanks!
Old September 6, 2001, 07:31 PM   #2
Hard Ball

Try http://www.police-batons.com/mlp/hin...di_letter.html
Old September 6, 2001, 07:56 PM   #3
jadams951

I recently went to the street survival seminar put on by calibre press about three weeks ago. I had the pleasure of meeting Robert Hindi, the inventor of the baton cap. Not only being an extremely knowledgable man his baton cap is awesome. It took me about a week to get used to but once I did and got to practicing with it and seeing how much better it made the expandable baton I can't see not using it. It is alot faster on the draw than the ASP.
Old September 6, 2001, 11:02 PM   #4
Coronach

Our PD just switched to these. I have yet to be issued mine, but I have seen others with them, and played a bit with them. The baton seems to balance better and seems to be more easily retained. On the downside, it would seem that your carry-location options are more limited, unless you really like having a large thing poking you in the side/back. I think I'm going to like it a lot better than my current baton (monadnock), but thats just a guess.

Mike

"True pacifism is the finest form of manliness. But if a man comes up to you and cuts your hand off, you don't just offer him the other one. Not if you want to go on playing the piano, you don't." -Sam Peckinpah

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert Heinlein
Old September 15, 2001, 06:37 AM   #5
cbjessee@NH

Does the Hindi Cap fit on a Monadnock AutoLock baton? Some other threads mention it, but I wasn't sure if it blocks the button or not.
BRET
Old September 15, 2001, 07:13 AM   #6
jadams951

Bret,
Yes the Hindi Baton Cap does fit the Monadnock autolock baton. There are different models for regular friction lock batons and the Monadnock autolock batons. The cap made exclusively for the auto lock baton does not block the lock release button.
Old September 15, 2001, 10:47 AM   #7
fed168

Our department uses the Monadnock expandable, and the cap does fit.
Old September 18, 2001, 08:19 PM   #8
Hindi Cap Inventor

Hindi Baton Cap

My name is Robert Hindi. I am a fellow officer and the inventor of the Hindi Baton Cap. I would like to thank all of you for your honest comments and support concerning the Hindi Baton Cap.

I have hundreds of endorsements from police agencies, top trainers and "use of force" experts nationally and internationally. Whatever brand of baton you carry (Monadnock, Casco, ASP, Galls, or new "AutoLock" baton)--the Hindi Baton Cap will fit them.

I can provide anyone with a packet of information containg these evaluations and a training video demonstrating and comparing the speed, safety and effectiveness that the Hindi Baton Cap provides compared to our current method of baton use without one.

The adaption of the Hindi Baton Cap does not change the functionality of the baton or department certified training techniques.

I can answer any of your questions concerning the Hindi Baton Cap, Monadnock AutoLock batons or friction lock batons. Just call me at 702-896-8449 or email me at "[email protected]". You may also review the Hindi Baton Cap on my webpage "www.batoncap.com".