The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old April 18, 2010, 04:06 PM   #1
Victor28

Beretta 90-two, NOT 92

Have a Beretta 90-Two which is not the same as a Beretta 92. Finding a holster is not easy. Only able to find a couple on beretta website. Would someone be able to tell me what's the difference between a Std hip Holster and a pancake. pros cons. Also can someone point me in a direction of a serpa blackhawk equivlant for the 90-two. Thanks for any help
Old April 18, 2010, 04:23 PM   #2
Don P

Serpa Blackhawk is not going to do much good for concealment. What are you looking to do with the holster? Concealment? Competition?
As you are, I once was, As I am, You will be.
Old April 18, 2010, 06:04 PM   #3
Victor28

concealment is my main objective. I picked he serpa because of the locking feature of the holster.
Old April 18, 2010, 06:12 PM   #4
DocDizz

High Noon has some holsters, but they make leather and as such you can't get a Serpa style lock. I prefer how leather feels, myself, though.
Old April 18, 2010, 07:02 PM   #5
ATW525

Quote:
Would someone be able to tell me what's the difference between a Std hip Holster and a pancake.
The standard has belt loops behind the gun, and the pancake has a slots on either side of the gun. The pancake will likely pull the gun in tighter and thus conceal better under a wider range of garments. In my experience pancake style holsters are probably the most concealable belt holsters without going with an inside the waistband design.
Old April 19, 2010, 07:30 AM   #6
Don P

Quote:
concealment is my main objective. I picked he serpa because of the locking feature of the holster.
Locking is a good idea. The Serpa is NOT going to conceal well, or anywhere as good as leather. You may want to look at pancake holsters with a thumb break. Thumb break is a strap that is part of the holster and goes over the back of the gun at the slide hammer area. Holds the gun in and you have to un-snap the thumb break to remove the gun from the holster.
As you are, I once was, As I am, You will be.
Old April 19, 2010, 10:59 AM   #7
Victor28

Gentlemen,
Thank you for the info.
Old April 20, 2010, 07:42 AM   #8
Conn. Trooper

Rudy at Blacks Hills Leather in Laredo Texas.

www.blackhillsleather.com

Makes great stuff, I buy all my holsters from him.
Old April 20, 2010, 11:15 AM   #9
ShipWreck

I just picked up a 90-Two as well - I carry my 92FS, and doubt I'll carry the 90-Two.

However, if you buy a LEATHER holster - I don't see why a holster made for the M9A! or Vertec wouldn't work. Kydex holsters are more molded - but I'd bet that a Vertec or M9A1 leather holster would fit the 90-Two.

You are correct - I looked yesterday, and there aren't that many options.

Bladetech does make an IWB holster for it, if I am remembering right from what I looked at yesterday
Old June 8, 2010, 09:01 PM   #10
wendelb

The Bianchi 4584 Evader Belt Holster for the Beretta 92 will fit the 90-two. Personal experience. Also, this is an OWB belt holster, with a "serpa like" retention system. I've posted about these holsters. I love them. And as far as an OWB belt holster is concerned, it's very concealable. An untucked polo shirt hangs low enough to cover the bottom of the barrel, and the holster hugs the body, so you don't have a large print.
Old June 8, 2010, 11:44 PM   #11
sks

Cross Breed Super Tuck?
Old June 9, 2010, 04:23 AM   #12
wendelb

I don't believe so on the crossbreed. I emailed them awhile back about the OWB holster, because they have listed a 92 w/ rail... the mold would be the same for either holster. But they responded saying the 90-two wouldn't fit. I don't know if this is true, or if they just couldn't verify it or not.
Old May 29, 2013, 12:12 AM   #13
fdisk

I make leather holsters for the 90-two as i own the gun, both iwb and owb.
Old May 29, 2013, 12:13 AM   #14
JohnKSa
Staff

I believe that at least some holsters for the 92A1 (also NOT a 92) will fit the 90-two.