The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old April 26, 2006, 04:56 PM   #51
defjon

Well, it's been how long? I've sent the email, sent the address- apparently, after several weeks I hear the address wasn't received, so I sent the address again. Emailed again another week later to make sure the last emails were received. And now?

All is quiet on the Western front. Too bad. After all this time I'd become contented with having been ripped off and learned a lesson, then this is revived BY HIM. It might have been good for PR to have actually followed through with the deal that was proposed here:

"Oh, and Jon....Tell you what. I am willing to send you a nice blue marble stiletto free of charge. Now this isn't "real marble". I want you to know from GO, but an imitation in acrylic. Very nice quality. Retail $35.00. Write me at [email protected]. But you have to promise to tell this forum what a nice knife it is. It is the difference between a $15.00 knife. And I don't expect or need any apologies from anyone."

But...oh well. There you go.
Old April 27, 2006, 08:06 AM   #52
rick_reno

I would chalk this up to a typical Ebay experience.
Old April 30, 2006, 08:13 PM   #53
Bill DeShivs

Since this thread has been revived recently-
You get what you pay for. It's hard to be cheated if you have done your homework. There will always be dishonest sellers.
Stagnut is not a trolll.
"Stiletto" means long, thin pointed blade. A stlietto can be an OTF or a side opener. This is a common misconception.
Bill DeShivs
Old April 30, 2006, 10:22 PM   #54
joab

This has become the thread that will not die.

Quote:
"Stiletto" means long, thin pointed blade. A stiletto can be an OTF or a side opener. This is a common misconception.
but thanks for that info. From your screen name I'm going to assume that you know a little about knives and their construction.
I always thought that stiletto meant other than out the front because if it didn't then my wife's stiletto heels would make no sense at all
Old May 4, 2006, 01:24 PM   #55
Eghad

stilleto comes for the italian word stilo which means dagger, the latin word is stilus which can mean a stylus or spike. which means a stilleto is a thin long bladed weapon. which could be a dagger side opener or out the front.

NRA Life Member
Old May 31, 2006, 04:48 PM   #56
Hedley

What an amusing thread. I've been buying off EBay for a while now...everything from golf clubs to hard to find car and motorcylce parts without any problems. It seems like the trend of E-selling has lead to a flood of crappy chinese lookalikes. Do a search for TaylorMade R7, and all you see is brand x with TaylorMade grips...same with BenchMade or any other nice brand.
Anyways, a friend of mine on another forum found this link where someone got ripped on an eBay laptop sale. Apparently he bought a laptop and it didn't turn out to be nearly what was advertised. The seller then gave him the shaft. What does he do? Well, fix it up only to find lots and lots of personal info on the hard drive, and turn around it post it all over your website! Check it out. Very funny. Not firearm related, but very relative to this thread.
http://www.amirtofangsazan.blogspot.com/
Old July 3, 2007, 05:21 AM   #57
gnirolf

Bussiness Expansions

I checked uppon the internet offer of automatic switchblade knifes from Europe, which took me on the followings:
1. Asian Sites: delivers most of the time only “clones” of the American automatic switchblade knifes, which doesn`t have the same quality, finishing, and price. Because the competition of the europpean and US companies are missing, there are only bad quality products on this market.

2. European sites; delivers unautomatic knifes, made in Europe, also copyes of the American knifes (folders, fixed blade knifes). Automatic knifes are made especially in Italy (Italian Stilettos) and Germany.

3. U.S. sites: delivers most of the automatic switchblade knifes on the U.S. market.Generaly they`re avoiding to deliver in Europe, because of the uncertainity of getting the money, because of the appereance of some custom problems and federal laws.Still in some cases are any exceptions, whom delivers on demand, ocasionaly whenever the client takes the risk in countries like Poland, Russia, Austrich, Finland, Lituany, Sweden.The producers prefers to work with companies more and authorized persons less.Some are chosing theyr personal representers (farward sellers), in Occidental Europe.They are using different payment systems including PayPal.

The reduced export of knifes in Europe it is determinated by custom and internal law, which is different from country to country. The export of the automatic knifes from U.S.A. to U.E countries it`s favorable, because the products circulate inside the community without being customized. The U.E. countries are :
Austria,Belgia,Danemarca,Finlanda,Franţa,Germania,Grecia,Irlanda,Italia,LuxemburgPortugalia,Ţările de Jos,Regatul Unit,Spania,Suedia,Bulgaria,Cipru,Estonia,Letonia,Lituania,Malta,Polonia,Republica Cehă,România,Slovacia,Slovenia,Ungaria.
If one of these countries, with a easy law, has a zone representant, he can deliver those products in the whole UE countries, without having custom problems.
In Europe there are many bad quality knifes on market, copied after American models, especially made in Asia. There aren`t products of medium or superior quality, with a nominal value between 30-1000$.
I think it is necessary a zonal dealer which can get orders for delivered USA and European automatic switchblade knifes . There are some represents in Europe, but only for European and Asian unautomatic switchblade knifes.
My message is not a SPAM. It represents an idea of makeing business in Europe,with minimum investment, maximum benefit and a secure market.
It's a pity that an important source of making real money it's ignored by the manufacturers and American merchants, respective the export of switchblades,folding knives,pocket knives,fixed blades,or automatic knives in Europe, in specially in UE coutries. This export can be very profitable and destinated only to authorized persons or collectors. It's an comercial subject of general discution, wich can be on your site without to counter the legal standardize, with effects about of european costumers and american producers.

Gnirolf