The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old May 23, 2008, 12:07 AM   #1
ELMOUSMC

Shot out Sendero

I just got a Remington Sendero that is beat and Bubbadized.It needs a stock and a new barrel.I got it for $50 and a bottle of home made wine.The throat is burned out and with a bore scope it looks almost like a smooth bore.The stock has been worked over with 1 of those electric engraving things and is a real mess.The only part of the thing that is in half way decent shape is the action(bolt,reciever,and trigger)there is a fairly decent base with weaver mounts no scope,I would like to pick your brains on is recomendations on Barrel(conture) it had a fluted varmint weight stainless 26in and ideas on a stock.I was thinking light varmint and maybe a choat or mcmillian money is not a consideration within reason ELMOUSMC
Old May 23, 2008, 12:20 AM   #2
Scorch

If you want my preferred answer, go to Richards Micro-Fit and look at their stocks, and get a custom stock made up. You can finish it yourself or have a smith finish it for you fairly reasonably.
http://www.rifle-stocks.com/sporter_hunting_styles.htm

For the barrel, you could send the action to Hart, Douglas, Shilen, or ER Shaw and get it back in a reasonable amount of time. You can look at their web sites and get an idea of cost and options.

Or, for a reasonable price, you could send it to Remington and get a factory barrel and stock put on it and have a factory gun.
Old May 23, 2008, 01:34 AM   #3
taylorce1

What caliber is the rifle currently in? That would make a difference in what I decided to build.

As far as stocks go I'd check the auction web sites, since it is a M700 action you should be able to find a stock pretty quick. While I've use a couple of Richard's Microfit I can't recommend them because they are too slow to get the product to the customer. Took them over 8 months to get a stock too me the last time I ordered one, good thing I wasn't in a hurry for it.

I'll throw Pac Nor in the mix for a barrel. A few people I know swear by them and I've shot a couple of rifles to know that they are pretty darn accurate barrels I think you will be happy with most of the major barrel manufacturers that were mentioned by Scorch.
Old May 23, 2008, 11:41 AM   #4
ELMOUSMC

Sorry about the over sight the rifle is in 22.250 and I plan on keeping it in that caliber ELMOUSMC
Old May 23, 2008, 11:58 AM   #5
Scorch

You'll love the 22-250. Good luck with your project.