The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old November 22, 2006, 12:53 PM   #1
Greguw

Gun broker ?

Hi guys are there any deals to be had on that site ? . I have my local guy who has a FFL for transfers ...Seems like nothing move on that site ... some of the starting prices are pretty good .
I would rather be able to put my hands on a gun then just send for one ... you never know what your getting sometimes !

Thanks guys

Greg
Old November 22, 2006, 12:58 PM   #2
Eghad

Purchased several guns using Gun Broker.

NRA Life Member
Old November 22, 2006, 01:41 PM   #3
Greguw

How did it go ...did you get a good deal on what you bought ?

Greg
Old November 22, 2006, 02:13 PM   #4
Eghad

99.9% of the time. I had a problem with the way a surplus rifle was graded one time, nothing major. I usually only pruchase from those with 98% positive rep and some sales. I did purchase from one guy with no sales but he was getting started out with an online store and his address and phone number checked out and was an retired LEO.

NRA Life Member
Old November 22, 2006, 05:16 PM   #5
SOSARMS

Location: The great Buckeye state...where nuts are not just for eating
I have purchased and sold on Broker for a couple years now.....No real bad transactions that i can think of, and most of the time inspection and return is offered.....i'd give Broker a good A +
Old November 23, 2006, 09:00 AM   #6
Greguw

Thanks guys and have a happy Turkey day !

Greg
Old November 23, 2006, 10:02 AM   #7
Hardegg

I bought and sold some on Gunbroker. But got taken advantage of by a seller on there along with several other people.
Forget about collecting anything from their "insurance" They did nothing to help.
I had to do all the leg work and if it hadn't been for the seller scamming multiple thousands of dollars enough to really tick people off I did get my money back from the seller but nothing from Gunbroker just run around.

They are ok but make sure who you are buying from. I haven't used them since I switched to Auction Arms http://www.auctionarms.com/

I have had many good transactions on gunbroker but when in mattered they were of no help
Old November 23, 2006, 10:22 AM   #8
M14fan

No Problems

I have been a customer on Gunbroker for years. You have to be careful and knowledgeable when making purchases or you may pay too much because people are people and everyone feels like their product is the best.
That said, I have had absolutely no problems with anyone on gunbroker and got fair prices and good service from everyone. Only once was a product not as advertised and the seller notified me prior to shipping and offered a full refund which I accepted.
Old November 26, 2006, 10:31 AM   #9
rangermonroe

I have used them a few times with no difficulties
Old November 26, 2006, 03:25 PM   #10
BoneDigger

Once

I bought one gun off of GunBroker. I had no problems with the deal or the site.

Todd
Old November 26, 2006, 10:40 PM   #11
Logs

I have sold 3 guns on that site and had great luck with it. Stuff sells fast if you price it right. Also great site for finding hard to find items.
Old November 26, 2006, 11:12 PM   #12
Eghad

just have to pay attention to the ratings...

NRA Life Member
Old December 6, 2006, 08:13 PM   #13
rangemeister

Gunbroker

Have made a lot of deals on GunBroker. Had one problem and the seller offered to return my money. The gun did shoot great though, so I ended up pleased. Watch the feedback!
Old December 6, 2006, 08:38 PM   #14
Greguw

I don't think I would purchase from gun broker right now !
It's weard I just bought a new sp101 form a local guy who I was going to use as a transfer agent but he gave me a great deal on a new one !

I emailed over 5 people selling guns and not one would even answer and email ...I thought that was rude ...

My emails were going thru .. the guy I picked the sp up from was a listed seller and he got my email and replied .

I had money and could not give it away ... so I did well in the new SP101 but won't be bothering with gun broker any time soon .

Thanks guys

Greg
Old December 20, 2006, 11:04 PM   #15
gandog56

Bought one gun with Gunbroker, and was very satisfied. But found Bud's Gun Shop and they've been getting my business lately for new guns. But some good deals on used guns can still be had on GB. It also helps that my buddy is a smith with an FFL.
Old December 21, 2006, 07:02 AM   #16
RevoRick

I have read enough on the forums from Bud's unsatisfied custumers that I don't think I would ever by from them.
DW 10mm CBOB, 10mm Experimental, .45 Pointman GD, .45 Patriot CCO. DW 744 VH .44 6", 715 VH .357 4". Fusion 10mm Longslide XM-10 Tactical Hunter. Glock 19c, Browning Buckmark, S&W 686 .357 4", 629 .44mag 8 3/8". Uberti Cattleman .45LC.
http://www.1911auto.org/forum/index.php?referrerid=24
Old December 21, 2006, 07:54 AM   #17
Logs

I have bought 5 guns now from Buds and no problems. I get to use his store though. VERY Friendly outfit.
Old December 21, 2006, 07:21 PM   #18
rustyfirst

I've bought and sold on gunbroker over the past 5 years. Ask questions, check feedback, enjoy yourself! If it doen't smell good, don't eat it! I've done lots of deals and met many new friends. Thanks to the old ones and welcome to the new.
Old January 7, 2007, 06:34 PM   #19
Greguw

I ended up eating my words ...I bought a sp101 22 lr from GunBroker ...The guy finally got back to me after I called him ...LOL . He was a sleep at the wheel basiclly .
He never checked his emails , I bid and one the gun ... 3 days later I called him and he said ...oh the gun sold !
The transaction from that point went well !

Some people move a little slower ...LOL

Greg
Old January 7, 2007, 07:20 PM   #20
Someoldguy

Gunbroker

I've bought through Gunbroker several times with no problems so far!

None through AuctionArms either, really. I just prefer Gunbroker.
Old January 8, 2007, 01:24 AM   #21
UniversalFrost

I used gunbroker in the past, but myself and a friend both ended up having problems with them suspending our accounts for no reason, then we would have to play email tag, or phone tag with them for days to finally find out that it was an oversight on their part and they would reneable our accounts. I ended up missing out on a really good deal on some stuff for my m1 carbines and a steal on a garand, because of them suspending my account (which wipes out your bid). After the thrid time I gave up and switched to auction arms and have not had a problem since.

Plus WildAlaska (ken) sells a lot on auctionarms and you can get some good deals. Just look for Wild West Guns.

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" (when all else fails play dead) -Red Green

Old January 9, 2007, 10:37 AM   #22
DanV1317

Alot of stuff doesnt move because people think they can price it really high and somebody will just buy it w/o any prior research into the actual price of the gun.

I just bought an STI spartan for like 30$ more than what they are selling for, but there is also a pretty hefty wait time for the pistol, so the 30$ was worth it to me. Plus, i didn't have to pay tax on it.
Old February 17, 2007, 09:21 PM   #23
LAK Supply

I prefer GunsAmerica myself. . . . it's a more of a classified setup, and the price that is listed is the price they are asking. I've purchased several guns from sellers on GunsAmerica and all have been good deals.

One of the better deals I got was a Glock 31 (Gen 3 to boot) in .357 sig. The seller was asking $385 shipped and said it was in 90% condition. I was a bit wary about such a good deal so I called the seller; turns out he owns a pretty good sized gun store and was trying to move some of his used inventory out. Everything sounded good so I gave him a CC # over the phone and awaited my new toy.

When it arrived at my buddy's store here in my area I hustled over to look at it; I wanted to see if it was really in 90% condition. I was a bit surprised to say the least . . . . this thing looked as though it had never been fired. NIB condition!!

That seller under-rated his piece by about 10%. . . . . . . definitely a great deal!
Old February 20, 2007, 10:38 PM   #24
Brenden

Have bought several small items there,all has went well..
JPFO
Old February 21, 2007, 12:48 AM   #25
adaulton

I have had good experiences there. Bought several guns and accessories.