The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old September 23, 2013, 06:52 PM   #1
Adamantium

Poor Midwayusa experience

I have been ordering from Midwayusa for years without a problem. 10 days ago I ordered from them and they shipped it to the wrong address. You can read the copy/paste e-mail I have had with customer service below if you wish but their ultimate answer to me is if the package doesn't get returned to them they keep my money and I never receive my items.

I thought the idea was ridiculous so I called customer service to complain. After some back and forth with their employee I asked him if the package never gets return if I was SOL. His exact response to me was "That's a dim way of looking at it but yes that is correct."

Now it is my responsibility to contact the people living at that address and see if I can get them to return the package or I have to start fighting to save my $300. Either way I'll never order from Midwayusa again.

My first email to them

I placed an order with you earlier, order #XXXXXXXX, and it is shipping to the wrong address. Before I placed the order I updated my default shipping address to XXXXXXXXXX, El Paso TX XXXXX but you are shipping the package to an old address in California instead.

Can you please update my package so it finds it's way to the correct address? Thank you.

Adam

Their response

Dear Adam,

Thank you for your email concerning your latest order, XXXXXXXX. I apologize, but your order has already shipped, and I am unable to change the shipping address at this time. Your tracking number XXXXXXXXXXXXXX indicates the order is In Transit and has a scheduled delivery date of 9/19, Thursday. When your order is returned to us (undeliverable as addressed) we can re-ship the package to the correct updated address on your account, XXXXXXXXXXXXX, through the post office USPS.

If you have any additional questions or comments, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-243-3220. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. CT. You may also email us at [email protected].

Thanks for Your Business!

Colleen
MidwayUSA Customer Service

My second email

Colleen,

The package has been delivered and there is no guaranty it will be returned. All the while I have been charged for the items. I am not happy with your solution and would like to talk to your supervisor. Thank you.

Adam

Their response

Dear Adam,

Thank you for your recent email. I apologize that your order is being shipped to the wrong address. As of 9/20 USPS tracking (XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX) says the package is delivered. If you could please contact the current residents to have them refuse the package, or call the local post off in Pacific Grove, CA 93950 giving them the tracking number above. They should be able to retrieve the package for you and ship it back to us. I do see we already have notes on to your account to reship the package to the correct address when we receive it back.

If you have any additional questions or comments, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-243-3220. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. CT. You may also email us at [email protected].

Thanks for Your Business!

Dallas

MidwayUSA Customer Service
Old September 24, 2013, 06:46 AM   #2
45_auto

It would be interesting to hear Midway's side of the story as to whether you updated your default shipping address before or after your order was placed.

I've been ordering from them for over 20 years with exactly ZERO problems. Hard to find another company that supports the NRA and shooting sports like they do. I think I'll keep doing business with them.
Old September 24, 2013, 06:57 AM   #3
rebs

Did you move ? I noticed it says your updated address, why was your address up dated ? I know it sucks to pay for something you didn't get, but it sounds like they are saying they shipped it to an old address you had given them before, is that what happened ?

Modway USA aggrevated me when I went to place an order for $43.69 and the shippiong was $15.93 for a total of $59.62 and that was for the cheapest shipping method. That is a very expensive shipping rate. I canceled the order and placed it with Midsouth Shooters.
Old September 24, 2013, 07:31 AM   #4
GunDude123

I had a bad experience with Brownells and I too have ordered from them before with no problems. I ordered a walnut stock for my Remington 700 and the first one that came was cracked and poorly fitted. I returned it and they sent me a new one. This new one looks badly cut. It looks like they rushed through and didn't shape the wood as good as they should. I ended up sanding a finished stock just so it would look like way it should have came.
Old September 24, 2013, 07:37 AM   #5
Adamantium

I was working out in Cali for 3-4 months last year, placed an order with them and had it shipped out there. When I ordered this time I changed my shipping address back to El Paso. Talking to the person on the phone he was adamant that I changed by billing address from Cali to El Paso but left the shipping address the same. I know that is wrong because my billing address never changed and my bank would have refuse any purchase with a billing address from another state. The simple answer is their website screwed something up.

Quote:
I've been ordering from them for over 20 years with exactly ZERO problems.
All you're saying is you've never experienced their policy of "not my money, not my problem".

Last edited by Adamantium; September 24, 2013 at 07:46 AM.
Old September 24, 2013, 09:12 AM   #6
KenL

Did you order on-line? When I moved I made sure that my bill-to address and ship-to address were changed before I made my next order with Midway. If you only changed your bill-to address, well I fail to see how that's Midway's fault. For all they can see, you have two addresses and you're trying to double your order from them and only pay for one shipment.

If you were only at the California address for a short time, I assume that you were renting. Have you contacted the landlord to have them contact the new tenant? Have you offered to pay shipping to get it from Cali to your current address?
Old September 24, 2013, 06:35 PM   #7
Adamantium

Quote:
If you only changed your bill-to address, well I fail to see how that's Midway's fault.
You aren't understanding the idea behind a billing address. It is the address where one's bank thinks they live. When I worked temporarily in California I didn't change my address with my bank. Had I ordered from Midway and used my CA address as my billing address my bank would of rejected the charge. Therefore it is impossible for me to change my billing address from any address in California back to an address in Texas. That is why I 100% understand that they had a computer error, because my billing address hasn't changed.

Before I even e-mailed them I logged into my account and looked at my default shipping address, it was to my house in El Paso TX.

Quote:
For all they can see, you have two addresses and you're trying to double your order from them and only pay for one shipment.
I contacted them asking for my package to be redirected to my correct address before it was delivered. It was a UPS package so it is possible for a seller to redirect a package through their website. And honestly welcome to running a stand-up business. Good business take financial risks all the time to keep customers satisfied. I've read tons of stories of a companies shipping a product on a good faith basis.
Old September 25, 2013, 10:27 PM   #8
KenL

You're not understanding the difference between a billing address and a shipping address. I agree that the billing address has to match the address on the credit card, but a shipping address is any address that the person paying the bill asks product to be shipped to. I could buy something from Midway and have it shipped to you for example. Maybe I am ordering something large or expensive like Zeiss binoculars and I want it delivered to where I work, so I know that it's been received and not sitting on my front porch until I get home. Billing address is still my home address, ship to address is where I work. They don't have to match.

I still think you owe it to yourself to call your former landlord and ask them to check with the current tenant, or give you the current tenant's info so you can contact them directly. If it were me that's what I would do.
Old September 26, 2013, 08:15 PM   #9
Adamantium

My billing address never changed. When I called them to complain they said my billing address was changed but my shipping address did not. My billing address never changed.

Therefore... When their employee insisted that I changed my billing address I know how he is wrong.

My package got returned to UPS today and undeliverable but I'll still never buy from Midway again.
Old September 27, 2013, 08:09 AM   #10
iraiam

I don't understand, I just made an order with them the other day, as usual I had the review page with all the necessary information available before I confirmed the order.

Are you saying that the information displayed to you was correct, but it was addressed and shipped to the old address anyway?

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few public officials." George Mason