The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old October 26, 2007, 10:02 PM   #1
troutred

paul jaeger mauser

got a 308 mauser manlicher, like to know history and quailty of the rife. I own several comercial mousers(husky, interarms, ect) and ruger#1......new at this, any help?
Old October 27, 2007, 12:57 AM   #2
James K
Member In Memoriam

I am not sure what you mean by Mauser Mannlicher. Do you mean a Mauser rifle with a full length Mannlicher style stock?

Paul Jaeger was a gunsmith in Jenkintown, PA and had a rather large company specializing in building custom sporting rifles based on military and commercial actions. Workmanship was top grade. They also imported high grade guns, including German vierlings and drillings. The company was active well into the 1950's; I don't know when they went out of business.

Here is a site showing some of the Jaeger catalogs.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Paul-Jae...QQcmdZViewItem

Hope this helps.

Jim
Old October 27, 2007, 04:22 PM   #3
schwantz

Quote:
I don't know when they went out of business.
I grew up near Jenkintown. The shop was there into the 70's. As a kid I would have my nose pressed against the window looking at all the cool stuff.