The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old June 22, 2006, 02:17 AM   #1
OSU_good_ol_boy_33

Which defensive spray/pepper spray is the best?

Hey everyone this is not gun related at all... i think this would be the right place to post it. I was looking into buying some pepper spray, not for myself (i have a ccw) but for my sister and a female friend of mine. I was wondering what everyone's opinions were on the best brands and types of spray. I admit I know nothing about this stuff, so any help will be greatly appreciated!
Old June 22, 2006, 03:02 AM   #2
rmagill

Personally, I like Fox Lab's 5.3 OC spray. From what I have read/seen, it is the hottest OC available and is very effective. Also, UV die is included if the suspect happens to be aprehended later, making a positive ID that much easier.
Old June 23, 2006, 09:15 AM   #3
Syntax360

Fox Labs stuff is great - I believe it is the hottest on the market. Pretty much all decent name brand sprays will have the UV die. I also like Sabre Red - it's not as hot as Fox, but it also has CS. When I was in the same boat as you and researching for my girlfriend on some LEO boards, I heard some pretty glowing reports about Sabre Red. Either is an excellent choice.
Old June 23, 2006, 09:56 AM   #4
Mikeyboy

I got sprayed by some Fox lab stuff as a test for a friend of mine who was teaching a women's self defense class (talked about it before on another thread) . Unfortunately for me ( and two other guys who volunteered ) it works REALLY GOOD. Most guns stores or LEO supply stores sells them. My wife carries it.
Old June 23, 2006, 12:59 PM   #5
OSU_good_ol_boy_33

thanks for the feedback fellas i was looking at fox labs stuff when i posted this and i figure i'll probably go with them. All you input was appreciated, if anyone else has an opinion please post it.