The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old October 14, 2013, 08:48 PM   #1
TXAZ

Tapatalk?

If you have ever used tapatalk, would you buy it again? What's the advantage of that vs. just using a web browser on an iPhone / iPad?

Cave illos in guns et backhoes
Old October 14, 2013, 09:23 PM   #2
Coach Z

I use the app when I'm on my phone because it loads a bit faster then using safari on the phone and the presentation is better then the mobile web version.

It's a totally subjective observation but for me it is worthwhile.
Old October 14, 2013, 09:25 PM   #3
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

For replying to threads and posting photos from a mobile device, I really like TapaTalk. The new version has fixed some of the more annoying issues.

Two things I don't like.

One, the old version had 3 tabs "Participated", "Unread" and "All". For some reason, they got rid of the "All", so if you look at something without replying it's gone and until someone posts in the thread and it's "Unread" again, you have to go find it in it's specific forum if you want to see it again.

Two, this one bugs the hell out of me. I despise that they decided that the title of the thread had to be posted in EVERY reply. Drives me insane. I don't know why they don't do away with it. It's been a consistent complaint from most users since they implemented it several version ago. It seems to serve no purpose at all.