The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old June 5, 2015, 10:49 AM   #1
JT-AR-MG42

Experience with Gem-tech .22 sub-sonic?

Looking for some input from those who have used the Gem-tech offering.

Not as concerned with it's suppression (a 42 gr. bullet at a rated 1020 fps should be pretty quiet),
but rather the accuracy and experiences you have had in various handguns and rifles.

I understand it is made by CCI under contract.
I've been pleased with CCI standard velo., but believe it or not!, I can't always find some for sale.
Just looking for other options.

Thanks, JT
Old June 9, 2015, 02:11 AM   #2
DonaldE

Check this video out useful https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG2c...8&noredirect=1

GEMTECH SILENCER SUBSONIC is a 42 grain lead round nose, designed for consistency shot-to-shot, heavier projectile than commercially available (without having to get a special twist rate or barrel), function in a wide variety of firearms, and give great accuracy. It uses a cleaner powder and lubricant, and is priced in line with mid-premium brands - it's not crazy expensive like some match rounds - but gives premium performance. Delivered in 5000 round cases, subpackaged in 500 round bricks of 50-count boxes - unlike bulk pack, we subpackage with plastic trays to prevent deformation in shipping, keeping accuracy primary.