The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old April 25, 2011, 04:26 PM   #1
The Terminator

My 1873 Cattleman, good pics, good video.

Don't you really like it when you discover, yet, another type of firearm that you really like, and wish you would have done it long ago? I have been looking at Ruger New Vaquero's for a while, passed a few glances at the Colt SAA's, and always looked at the Uberti line up. I found an Uberti in a gunshop, for my old .41 magnum, plus $50, it was mine. I had $165 cash in the .41 mag, so I didn't lose any money. I found a very cool video on Uberti's, via How Its Made. I posted it below. Here are a few photos. Interestingly, these are exact copies of the Colt SAA. It even says, Patented 1871, and 1872, on the frame. Really graceful and beautiful guns. I found out that the Uberti's are all hand fitted. The caliber is... (do you really need to ask that) . This one has the blued barrel and cylinder, with a true color case-hardened frame. Watch that in the video. The only question that I have is, why did I wait so long? Enjoy.

http://youtu.be/qYOJa8ZNxmE

John 3:16 (I hope to see You over there.)
Old April 25, 2011, 05:00 PM   #2
BerdanSS

Cool video, thanks for posting it Terminator. Congrats on your new pistol!
I just got a new Uberti Cattleman NM in 45 colt, it's in the top three of my favorite handguns I've ever owned.

The finish on mine isn't as fancy as yours. Although I did try and pretty it up a little. I gave the matte bead blasted finish on the brass backstrap and trigger guard a detailed polishing, untill they were nice and bright This rain is KILLING ME, I still have not gotten to burn some powder with mine

Last edited by BerdanSS; April 25, 2011 at 05:17 PM.
Old April 25, 2011, 05:12 PM   #3
Hawg

Need to do something about those Uberti orange grips tho.
Old April 25, 2011, 07:04 PM   #4
The Terminator

I do like them all. I might get some faux ivory grips one of these days. I have some real buffalo horn, but I don't think they would ever fit my Uberti. They are for a Ruger large grip frame.
John 3:16 (I hope to see You over there.)
Old April 25, 2011, 07:10 PM   #5
Hawg

Well, it ain't new but here's my Cimarron.