The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Closed Thread

Old June 2, 2012, 07:21 PM   #1
gspman

Penn bullets Any one ordered from lately

I ordered 2000 45acp bullets from them a month and a half ago.they charged my credit card right away .the last 2 weeks i have called 4 times and have got similar response that yes we have your order bullets are in stock and i will make sure they get shipped out today.Well still not gotten them yet.I understand they do them in lots and ship out accordingly with a email response that they shipped.Ive read good things on this forum about them but i have to say thier customer service is lacking.Just wondering if others are having same experience.i will post back on this when and if i ever get them with a completed experience.GSPMAN
Old June 2, 2012, 07:31 PM   #2
ljnowell

typical. As are personal attacks from the owner. Good luck.
Old June 2, 2012, 08:16 PM   #3
Salmoneye

Hmmm...

I ordered 158gr TCBB @ .358" about a month ago, and they were shipped within a week or so...

I actually forgot to list whether I wanted hard cast (Premium) or 'Cowboy' soft, and got a call within 48 hours to clarify my mistake...

Will gladly order again...
Old June 2, 2012, 08:20 PM   #4
jake1191

Hmm I just ordered 1000 .358 swc match and 1000 .40 truncated cone. Hope they don't take forever or ill be driving there myself

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old June 2, 2012, 10:27 PM   #5
gspman

I was not trying to be critacle in my post just would like to get accurate info on when my bullets will ship.also they tell me they will get back to me[3times]i wish they would.ljnowel i do not understand your reply.salmoneye im glad you got your order. thanks gspman
Old June 2, 2012, 10:54 PM   #6
ljnowell

There have been many problems over the years with orders from Penn Bullets taking a long time. Complaints and criticism has been met with hostile attitudes from the owner. He has been removed from at least one forum. He also has screen names such as "travis two" at several forums that he uses to talk up his product and bash his competitors.
Old June 2, 2012, 10:55 PM   #7
ljnowell

search the name "travis two" on this forum and read the posts.
Old June 3, 2012, 12:39 AM   #8
Hammerhead

Penn makes a good bullet at prices far below most. In exchange for the low prices you may have to wait longer than normal and they may not send you emails.

They state on their site that some bullets may take a long time because they don't stock them and produce them in batches when they have enough orders to make it worth their while.

I just received my order of .358" 148 grain DEWC's today, about two weeks after I ordered them. My .430" 185 DEWC's took longer, but I was warned they would.

The cost savings is worth it to most of us. If you need your bullets yesterday and don't mind paying more, shop elsewhere.

Last edited by Hammerhead; June 3, 2012 at 01:09 AM.
Old June 3, 2012, 06:39 AM   #9
mikejonestkd

Penn makes good bullets, and, as others have noted, it can sometimes take a while to get them shipped.

I have switched to www.mastercast.net for my cast bullets needs. Mike and Kate ship the same day USPS priority boxes. I usually get the shipment within three days of ordering, and their prices are slightly better than Penn Bullets for the bullets I use the most.

Last edited by mikejonestkd; June 3, 2012 at 06:51 AM.
Old June 3, 2012, 08:04 AM   #10
excelerater

no company should take your money till they ship...bottom line

Delta,Berrys and others have plenty of inventory BTW
Old June 3, 2012, 09:02 AM   #11
WESHOOT2

this ain't fast food

When I buy lead bullets for my personal use I buy Penn Bullets.

When I'm asked to recommend bullets I recommend Penn Bullets.
Old June 3, 2012, 12:59 PM   #12
Ozzieman

As are personal attacks from the owner. Good luck.

If I get in trouble from the staff for saying this, I don’t care. That line is a load of crap and has no truth what so ever and is BS.
I have dealt with Penn bullets for over 10 years, yes right now it does take some time to get what you want but it’s getting close to election time and the same thing that happed before the last election is happening now. Sales are out the roof. All bullets companies are having trouble filling some orders.
The owner is a great person to work with and will bend over backward to help. He even sent me a couple of samples free (I paid for shipping) to try out a 308 bullet.
And as far as taking your money before it’s shipped? Name a company that doesn’t do that on the day it’s ordered. Midwest which I do all my other business with dose.
Old June 3, 2012, 01:08 PM   #13
huntinaz

Quote:
Penn makes a good bullet at prices far below most. In exchange for the low prices you may have to wait longer than normal and they may not send you emails.

The cost savings is worth it to most of us. If you need your bullets yesterday and don't mind paying more, shop elsewhere.
I think the issue is that it's been 6 weeks and 4 phone call where they say "bullets will ship today." If they aren't gonna ship that day, don't blow smoke up the customer's ass and tell them they will. It's not that he needed them yesterday, it's that he was told they'd be there several times and they aren't after 6 weeks. Fair warning is one thing, sidesteping is another.
Old June 3, 2012, 02:07 PM   #14
Hammerhead

Quote:
It's not that he needed them yesterday, it's that he was told they'd be there several times and they aren't after 6 weeks
That's assuming the OP isn't blowing some smoke of his own.
Old June 3, 2012, 02:37 PM   #15
huntinaz

Indeed, there's always that. Always gotta evaluate for yourself what you read on the internet.
Old June 3, 2012, 06:55 PM   #16
ljnowell

Quote:
If I get in trouble from the staff for saying this, I don’t care. That line is a load of crap and has no truth what so ever and is BS.
And you would be wrong. I still have pm's to prove it. Why do you think he was banned from THR? For being a fne upstanding businessman? Call me a liar if it makes you feel better but there is plenty of evidence for the looking, if one cares to. What about his multiple usernames to drag competitors through the mud? That a lie to? lol.
Old June 3, 2012, 08:29 PM   #17
huntinaz

I looked into the Travis Two thing and it seemed that most of Travis Two's posts had been erased, apparently directed at Brad from Missouri Bullet Co. I think that's BS, coming online and bashing a competitor. Mike at Mastercast did the same thing to Robert Green at Stonewall Bullet Co, on this forum. He lost my business for sure. Now that Robert isn't making bullets, I have to make an order soon with a new provider as I'm about out. I'm looking hard at Dardas. May do Missouri Bullet Co when I finally get around to shooting cast out of my 30-30. Penn was in the running as well, I have no doubt they make good bullets... I will look over at THR as well when I get home.

I understand you have to filter internet BS, but guys like Brad at Missouri Bullet Co and Matt Dardas make it simple.
Old June 3, 2012, 09:04 PM   #18
gspman

Hello all. sounds like alot of you have experience with penn bullets;good and bad.This the first for me.I noticed none of you said they did not like their bullets which im glad to hear since i ordered 2000 of them.i had no problem with paying upfront and people their have been friendly enough but what they tell me and what happens are two different things.that is what bothers me.anyway thanks and i will post back later.GSPMAN
Old June 3, 2012, 09:36 PM   #19
mikejonestkd

A quick followup to avoid any confusion:

Mike at www.mastercast.net is a stand up business man, and I highly recommend their products.

Mike at www.mastercastbullets.com has a spotty reputation in the shooting community.

Please don't confuse one with the other.
Old June 4, 2012, 12:13 AM   #20
huntinaz

Quote:
A quick followup to avoid any confusion:

Mike at www.mastercast.net is a stand up business man, and I highly recommend their products.

Mike at www.mastercastbullets.com has a spotty reputation in the shooting community.
Thanks! Wow, two mastercast bullets and both ran by Mike. What are the odds?

I am indeed referring to Mike at www.mastercastbullets.com. I had heard that there were two mastercasts and had it in the back of my mind, would have never guessed they were both ran by "Mike." So when I said "Mike at mastercast" I thought I was being specific. My apologies to the other fellow, I have no beef with him.
Old June 4, 2012, 07:01 AM   #21
Mike Irwin
Staff

OK, guys, enough ancillary chitterchatter about the personalities of the owners involved.

It's off topic.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Old June 4, 2012, 10:33 AM   #22
Robert Palermo

From The Owner

First off I apologise to any that did not get a timely response to any phone call or e- mail that they sent. It has been very busy and I may have missed some calls or e-mails.
Demand is back to being extrordinarily high and many caster are backed up with demand.
There have been extra delays these past several weeks as the flu managed to sweep thru and affect everybody at different times including yours truly so the group has been redoubling its efforts to get product out on older orders. Most orders are going out in the 1-3 week time frame with some taking a bit longer.

Ljnowell is nothing but an outright troublemaker and liar and schill for another company who has vowed to post as many negative things and throw as much dirt against the company as he can and all this from a person who has never ever dealt with us. His messages to me and his posting are just typical of his ongoing attacks and he can crawl back under the rock he came from as far as I'm concerned.

I will continue to service the largest customer base of any cast bullet manufactuer in the best way with the best products and best prices.
Old June 4, 2012, 10:34 AM   #23
Mike Irwin
Staff

And with that, we are done.

If this comes up in this manner again, accounts will be closed.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Closed Thread