The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old January 12, 2009, 07:33 PM   #1
BLS700

Please help with Remington warranty info

I have an 870 and was going to take it hunting so I went to put in the magazine plug. The magazine spring retainer was stuck and appeared to have a crack in it. In the process of trying to remove it the thing broke. Not a big deal I thought I'll contact them and they "should" take care of it. Either way it can't cost much. Here's my problem. I can't get a hold of them. NOBODY! I call and the lines are busy so it hangs up on you and says to call back. I can't find an e-mail address to even ask if this is covered. What do I do here? I've heard of problems with Remington customer service but have always loved the firearms so I ignored it. I called repeatedly to no avail today. Thank you for any help.
Old January 13, 2009, 02:37 PM   #2
dgludwig

Contact Midway or Brownells for the part. Quicker than trying to move through Remington's red tape. Oh, and specify the metal version. I think Remington recently substituted plastic for metal on this part.
Old January 13, 2009, 10:01 PM   #3
BLS700

I'll do that. Thank you. I was disappointed to see the plastic. I'll be ordering one with my next midway order. Shouldn't be long before I find a way to justify that.